Non-CDL Driver - 4/10 Rotating Schedule
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: September 14, 2023
- Prior experience delivering merchandise to customers using a
box truck or similar vehicle.
- 1+ years of experience operating material handling
- No more than 2 minor accidents in the past rolling 3
- No more than 2 moving violations in the past rolling 3
- Wholesale distribution experience.Job SummaryMakes deliveries
to customers using a company-provided or rental vehicle. Maintains
records of deliveries, inspects and maintains delivery vehicles,
and provides customer service on order and delivery issues. This
position requires operation of a company or rental vehicle, and
this operation may be done during the average work week. If
selected for this position, the company will continuously monitor
Motor Vehicle Records (MVRs). A requirement of this position is an
acceptable MVR status and a valid driver's license.Major Tasks,
Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Delivers customer orders safely within a service area,
including interfacing with customers on order issues.
- Loads inventory into trucks and unloads orders at customer
sites using powered and non-powered material handling
- Reviews order manifests to ensure customer orders and daily
routes are complete and accurate.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections in accordance with
Department of Transportation regulations and internal policies and
- Maintains routine contact with the distribution center to
receive instructions on delivery interruptions, such as traffic
congestion or missing orders.
- Prepares and maintains vehicle and customer order records in
accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Contacts customers to provide updates on delivery
- Provides feedback to management on escalated customer service
and sales-related issues.Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in
accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior
coworker or supervisor.Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
time.Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills
training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of
experience in area of responsibility.Our Goals for Diversity,
Equity, and InclusionWe are committed to creating a culture that
promotes equity, respect, and advocacy for every HD Supply
associate. We value the diversity of our people.Equal Employment
OpportunityHD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HD Supply, Glendale , Non-CDL Driver - 4/10 Rotating Schedule, Professions , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!