Commercial Refrigeration Service Technician
Posted on: September 10, 2023
Description With over 150 years of experience, CoolSys is the
market-leading indoor environment solutions company. Our full
spectrum of best-in-class services includes HVAC & refrigeration
installations, remodels, service & maintenance; and energy
solutions, including controls and lighting. CoolSys serves
customers in the retail, commercial, food service, educational,
healthcare, and industrial markets. Headquartered in Southern
California, CoolSys has more than 2,000 highly trained, field-based
service and installation experts, serving more than 45,000 customer
locations across North America daily. WHAT WE OFFER
We are a large company serving many unique customers - because of
this, we provide job stability and long-term opportunity for career
growth. We invest in our technicians by offering:
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Exposure to a Large Variety of Projects
- Industry-leading Benefit Packages
- Advanced support and tools designed to improve your
- Pay from $25-40 an hour based on experience WHY JOIN US
We understand that hiring great people in the field is the
foundation of everything we do. Our employee benefits packages
- Competitive pay including a quarterly bonus plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(K) matches
- Life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid online training and state-of-the-art training facility to
invest in YOUR career growth
- Opportunities available nationwide
- Employee discounts on vehicles, hotels, theme parks, select
cell phone bills and so much more
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Plan, and ID Theft Protection
JOB SUMMARY The Refrigeration Service Technician is responsible to
assist in the repair and overhaul equipment, refrigeration, heating
and ventilation equipment to ensure customer needs are met
efficiently, accurately and on-time. JOB REQUIREMENTS: ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides service to the customer base by repairing and
overhauling equipment, such as compressors, water pumps, air
handlers, electrical and mechanical control devices in a safe,
efficient and timely manner that exceeds customers'
- Provides general repair work on refrigeration, heating and
ventilation equipment, such as air conditioning units, evaporative
condensers, ice machine equipment, water pumps, gas furnaces,
compressors and electric motors in a safe and timely manner.
- Provides preventative maintenance activities for customers by
diagnosing equipment malfunction and any operating deficiency of
the mechanical equipment to ensure quality work performance for the
- Provides department support by processing job tickets, work
orders to the necessary department in a timely manner.
- Provides necessary training to new or less qualified
technicians as needed.
- Perform work on minor construction and remodeling projects
including startups of new installations.
- Drives company vehicle in a safe manner.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned by
management. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma/GED.
- EPA certification required.
- Certification from an accredited vocational-technical or trade
school a plus.
- Valid Driver's License with a good driving record.
- Knowledge of commercial refrigeration, ice machines, gas
furnaces, and electrical components.
- Working knowledge of single systems, parallel rack systems,
display cases and walk-in boxes.
- 3-5 years' experience in commercial refrigeration, HVAC, ice
machines, gas furnace and electrical required.
- Experience working on refrigeration equipment in convenience
and supermarket stores.
- Ability to efficiently troubleshoot and repair computer
controls and commercial refrigeration equipment.
- Good mechanical aptitude skills.
- Good communication skills and the ability to build strong
relationships with customers, coworkers and management.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs. with no assistance and also
be able to sit and/or stand for several hours at a time.
Today, there are 22 different companies that make up the CoolSys
family of brands. When you join CoolSys, you join a nationwide
network of the country's best and most highly trained technicians.
Our valued employees are at the heart of our continued growth and
success. We invite you to be part of that growth!
Connect with us on Facebook and on Twitter . Coolsys is an
EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. All qualified individuals -
Including all ages, colors, disability, ethnicity, family or
marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national
origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race,
religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran
status, and other characteristics are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment background screening (criminal and MVR) and drug
testing (including for marijuana) are required for all positions.
Coolsys will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories
in a manner consistent with federal law, state law, or local
ordinance. CoolSys - Technicians from CoolSys on Vimeo .
Keywords: coolsys, Glendale , Commercial Refrigeration Service Technician, Professions , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!