Non-CDL Delivery Driver - 4/10 Rotating Schedule
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Job SummaryMake deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to
all DOT regulations and safety procedures. Load inventory on truck
and unload at customer site. Operate trucks to pick up and deliver
products, supplies and equipment to and from organization, supplier
and customer sites. Duties may involve complex pickups and
deliveries, e.g., night deliveries, transport of dangerous and
hazardous materials. Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Delivers products to customers which may include assistance
with unloading, ensuring delivery of ticket with material, etc.
Serves as primary interface with the customer at point of delivery.
Contacts customers if they are not present at delivery
- Loads truck with daily deliveries. Unloads product at
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with
Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and internal
policies and procedures. Reports vehicle defects, accidents,
traffic violations, or damage before and after route. Fuels truck
- Resolves customer service issues.
- Complies with all DOT (Department of Transportation) standards
and regulations. Maintains records such as vehicle logs and bill of
ladings in accordance with guidelines.
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for
traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- May assist warehouse staff with pulling and preparing orders
for shipment, as well as receiving, verifying, staging and stocking
all incoming material.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in
accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior
coworker or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills
training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of
experience in area of responsibility.
Keywords: HD Supply, Glendale , Non-CDL Delivery Driver - 4/10 Rotating Schedule, Professions , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...