Company: HD Supply
Posted on: March 16, 2023
- Prior experience delivering merchandise to customers using a
box truck or similar vehicle.
- 3+ years of experience operating material handling
- No more than 2 minor accidents in the past rolling 3
- No more than 2 moving violations in the past rolling 3
- Wholesale distribution experience.Job SummaryFacilitates load
management, including the accurate and efficient dispatching of all
dedicated drivers in the facility. Trains and provides support to
new and existing associates on the transportation team. This
position requires operation of a company or rental vehicle, and
this operation may be done during the average work week. If
selected for this position, the company will continuously monitor
Motor Vehicle Records (MVRs). A requirement of this position is an
acceptable MVR status and a valid driver's license.Major Tasks,
Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Coordinates the loading and dispatching of all driver
- Oversees pre- and post-trip inspections in accordance with
Department of Transportation regulations and internal policies and
- Conducts daily route planning and optimization for
- Serves as the primary point-of-contact for all driver-related
- Coaches and trains new and existing drivers on policies and
procedures and provides feedback to management on team
- Reviews order manifests to ensure customer orders and daily
routes are complete and accurate.
- Delivers customer orders within a service area, including
interfacing with customers on order issues.
- Provides feedback to management on escalated customer service
and sales-related concerns.Nature and Scope
- Problems are typically difficult and/or high impact.
Troubleshoots complex support or operational problems for junior
- Under limited supervision, independently resolves issues and
applies a variety of methods to develop customized solutions. May
lead the daily operations of a department or team. Work typically
involves infrequent review of output by a supervisor or direct
customers of the process.
- Assists with supervisory duties but does not have hiring/firing
authority. Trains, delegates tasks, and reviews the work of junior
level associates.Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
time.Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in
some areas. Generally 7+ years of experience in area of
Keywords: HD Supply, Glendale , Lead Driver, Professions , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...