Senior Network Security Consultant
Company: Cox Communications
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Senior Network Security Consultant
Cox Communications is looking for a Senior Network Security
Consultant who will report to the Manager of Network Security. This
individual will join a team that partners closely with Cox
Engineering for the development and execution of processes and
standards to ensure secure network design. The Senior Network
Security Consultant will also be responsible for the delivery of
security-related initiatives addressing internal and external
Successful candidates will demonstrate strong business acumen and
possess a blend of general Business, Technology and Security
competencies. Specifically, this individual will have a versatile
background, critical thinking and analytical capabilities, as well
as a proven ability to bridge organization boundaries to validate
network security controls in infrastructure designs and risk
Primary Responsibilities / Tasks
- Develop, execute, and measure processes to ensure secure
network design. Examples include review of high-risk firewall rules
against developed standards and the establishment of IDS/IPS policy
- Audit network security controls against developed standards and
drive the remediation of gaps.
- Support the Security Operations Center from a network security
perspective during incident response events.
- Drive delivery of network security initiatives, including
requirements gathering and deliverable alignment.
- Facilitate network security reviews of proposed application and
- Develop and maintain strategic vendor relationships to ensure
technology and support needs are being met.
- Bachelors degree in a related discipline (Computer Science,
Information Systems, Engineering, Business, etc) and 6 years
experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have
a different combination, such as a masters degree and 4 years
experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year of experience.
- Working knowledge of network device placement and configuration
of routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Working knowledge of well-known Internet TCP and UDP-based
- Working knowledge of the OSI model.
- Working knowledge of encryption concepts and implementation
- Working knowledge of remote access technologies and
implementation best practices.
- BS/BA in a related discipline (i.e., Computer Science,
Information Systems, Engineering, Business, etc.); and/or 7 years
of experience in related field.
- Big four consulting background or Fortune 500 company
- Telecom/Cable industry experience.
- AWS/GCP/Azure architecture/cloud security experience.
- At least one relevant industry certification - CISSP, CCSP,
USD 105,700.00 - 176,100.00 per year
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in
America, serving six million homes and businesses. Thats a lot, but
we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our
award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a
coveted place to work. If youre interested in bringing people
closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing
so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations
across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare,
our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox
Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to
make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance
(medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid
days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness
days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be
offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Communications, Glendale , Senior Network Security Consultant, Professions , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!