Senior Construction Superintendent (GD)
Company: CARDINAL SERVICES LTD.
Posted on: January 23, 2023
"Together, we transform lives and communities!"
National Community Renaissance (CORE) is seeking a Senior
Construction Superintendent to join our Construction team. CORE is
one of the nation's largest non-profit affordable housing
developers with a 30-year track record in community revitalization.
We transform the economic and social future of communities by
building quality, affordable housing combined with best practice
social services to improve the self-sufficiency of our
National Community Renaissance offers a comprehensive benefit
package including, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with match,
Life Insurance, LTD, FSA, paid holidays, vacation, and sick
About the Job:
The Senior Construction Superintendent reports to the VP of
Construction and manages all aspects of construction at the
assigned project site. The Senior Construction Superintendent
carries the same responsibilities as the project superintendent but
will manage our most costly and complicated projects. Primary
responsibilities include working directly with the Construction
Manager and the VP of Construction to derive and define scopes of
work, track the project budget and maintain the project
The Senior Construction Superintendent should have the following
minimal skills and abilities:
- On site, the Superintendent coordinates all subcontractors and
oversees the day-to-day activities of construction, including
scheduling, inspections, quality control, safety, monitoring of
construction budgets, and accountability for all related
- Work closely with Project Management for utilities, permits,
plan checks, and Certificates of Occupancy to obtain all necessary
- Direct subcontractors and subordinates.
- Provide periodic written reporting and scheduling
- Evaluate situations and render decisions on certain issues
without immediate supervision.
- Understand and implement OSHA safety requirements site
- Knowledgeable of SWPPP requirements site wide and mitigate any
impact to the outlying community.
- Maintain a safe and compliant work site daily.
- Relate favorably with others beyond giving and receiving
instructions; perform work activities requiring negotiating,
instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others and
- Effectively influence people on a consistent basis.
- Make generalizations, evaluations or decisions without
- Accept and carry out responsibility for direction, control, and
- Must attend Company sponsored events that relate to the
development of the team, which, from time to time, may include
overnight stays at locations away from the employee's home.
- Minimum ten years of experience managing residential
- Experience working with city and other inspectors on
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor.
- Higher education or technical training a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Exposure to various types of weather conditions.
- Standing, walking
- Pushing, pulling
- Crawling, kneeling
- Twisting, carrying
- Working with hands
- Operate computer and office equipment.
National Community Renaissance is an equal opportunity
Keywords: CARDINAL SERVICES LTD., Glendale , Senior Construction Superintendent (GD), Professions , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!