Sr Production Planner
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that
nourishes your future like no other.If you're driven by the passion
to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestle is the place
for you. Nestle USA is one of seven operating companies that make
up Nestle's presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American
homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are
to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products,
strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and
climate impact.We're determined to challenge the status quo and be
better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we
embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace
where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is
expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every
single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn
and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the
workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing
our customers, but also about enriching you.This position is not
eligible for Visa Sponsorship.We're expanding our factory network
and introducing a new manufacturing facility designed with the
climate in mind. Our Glendale, Arizona production factory is a
brand new, state-of-the-art facility and distribution center with
cutting-edge technology and advanced systems designed with
sustainability at the forefront. Innovative water recycling
processes, zero waste to landfill, and fully recyclable product
packaging made from food-safe materials are just some of the
programs we've implemented to support Nestle's ambition for zero
environmental impact by 2030.POSITION SUMMARY:Responsible for
providing a short-term finite capacity-constrained production
schedule with an optimal, feasible and realistic sequence of
materials in accordance with the availability of resources
(production lines/labor) and materials. This role should work
strategically with production, supply planners, and corporate
functional heads to support reducing costs, and realizing optimal
inventory levels. This role also shares responsibility with
materials scheduling team by owning the planning and management of
selective raw and/or packaging materials. Ensure availability of
raw/pack materials to support production while minimizing working
- Create a feasible production plan within the detailed
production scheduling period by shift that takes into consideration
available capacity, labor and materials while respecting the
product sequencing laid out by the MPS planner and optimizing the
factory costs to produce.
- Review the detailed production schedule on a daily, weekly, and
monthly basis to ensure it continues to meet business priorities
- Work with factory operations team to identify practical issues
that may cause plant shutdowns in the future and relay this
information back to master production scheduling for long-term
planning of product promotions.
- Utilize GLOBE and Unison/OMP tools during production scheduling
and capacity planning exercises in order to determine the optimal
schedule for cost and service.
- Convert production schedule to process orders for production as
- Publish weekly production schedule to plant, and review all
production changes, limitations, priorities to meet customer orders
and abnormal events.
- Provide information in advance detailing swings in labor
requirements within the DPS planning horizon.
- Act as the liaison between the factory and corporate supply
chain to properly determine the priorities of the business.
- Maintain DPS planning master data, performing routine
maintenance to ensure system integrity.
- Ensure production scheduling sequencing complies with
government and Nestle standards for food safety and quality while
also minimizing changeover costs.
- Monitor supply signals through the use of MRP purchase
requisitions ensuring delivery dates, lead times and required
quantities are correct to create purchase orders. Follow-up with
suppliers to ensure material fulfillment. Tracking should be
completed, and action taken when material unavailability causes a
line shut down, and affects eMSA and COF.
- Engage in LEAN, End to End Value Stream continuous improvement
initiatives to improve costs and efficiencies throughout our
manufacturing and planning process.REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM
- BS/BA degree required (preferably in an Industrial Engineering,
Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management or Business
- 3-5 years experience in manufacturing environment with
responsibility for Logistics or Supply Chain Management.
- Firm understanding of manufacturing and distribution
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement
principles and processes, and a passion for continuous improvement
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in production scheduling, material handling, and/or
supply chain management.
- Prior experience negotiating with vendors.
- Factory master data management
- Understanding and following the product life cycle
- Excellent communication skills (strong verbal and written
- Customer service skills.
- Leadership and teamwork skills.
- Interpersonal skills (ability to effectively work with all
levels from hourly to management).
- Time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.221851It is our
business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.To our
veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of
our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestle. The skills
you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility,
agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make
you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an
inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement
and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestle
seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission
where you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestle
home.The Nestle Companies are an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified
applicants for employment. All applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity,
color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin,
ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition,
genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any
other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the
next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us
confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in
order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact
us at email@example.com or please dial 711 and provide this
number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.This position is not
eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Keywords: Nestle, Glendale , Sr Production Planner, Professions , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!