Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Department/Group Overview:Disney Media & Entertainment
Distribution Comprised of Disney's international media businesses
and the Company's various streaming services, the Disney Media &
Entertainment Distribution segment aligns technology, content and
distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and
deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to
consumers around the world.DMED is an equal opportunity employer -
Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. - Our goal is to create an
inclusive workplace for all.Job Summary:The DMED QA Productivity
Engineering team is seeking a skilled and dedicated Quality Analyst
to join our team. As a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst, this
individual will work together with the software engineering team
and other QA Analysts to define and execute the testing coverage
needs for our next-generation storytelling products that deliver
innovative content to our consumer-facing applications across the
Disney brand. They will also work closely with the product owners,
project management, automation engineers, and various other
external development teams. Additionally, this role will require
the candidate to be the QA lead for multiple releases and to
participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle including
planning, automation, design, test execution, and
release.Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:--- - - - - - - - -
- Create and execute test cases and test plans. - Find, replicate,
regress defects and write reproducible steps in our bug database
system. Additionally, ensure that validated deliverables meet
functional specifications and requirements.--- - - - - - - - - -
Participate in sprint plan review meetings to review functional and
design specs and understand how that impacts features in
development. This includes leading supplemental test plan reviews
with peers, developers, and product team members.--- - - - - - - -
- - Effectively communicate defects to stake holders and developers
responsible for products in test, and lead various test sessions
with key members of the delivery team to ensure functionality of
product(s).--- - - - - - - - - - Develop test plans, test cases,
and other supplemental documentation as needed while maintaining
the QA process. ---- - - - - - - - - - Manage our geo-distributed
QA team members to ensure they are fully integrated--- - - - - - -
- - - Work with the automation engineering teams to develop,
execute, and improve our automation testing suite.Required
Education, Experience/Skills/Training:Basic Skills:
- 5+ years of relevant QA experience.
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) for talking with
stakeholders about requests and informing teams of any issues
regarding submissions or development tasks
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables. Demonstrates
the ability to find the bad defects and bugs quickly.
- Experience with various QA tools and platforms. (ADB, Xcode,
Charles Proxy, Postman, SOAtest, Selenium, etc)
- Familiarity with issue tracking software like Jira or
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of software quality
assurance practice and testing methodologies and tools.
- Previous exposure to API test automation processes and
- Experience writing test cases, test plans and overseeing the QA
process in its entirety.
- Experience in agile software development teams working
iteratively with designers, product managers and stakeholders.
- Comfortable being uncomfortable. Ability to balance multiple
projects in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment,
while being adaptable to change.
- Ability to work and participate in a team with an open and
collaborative style of communications.
- An analytical thinker, with sharp attention to detail, that has
problem-solving and trouble shooting skills.
- A strong passion for product quality and continuous willingness
to improve the process.Preferred Skills:
- Experience with automated test tools.
- Experience executing automated scripts.
- Experience leading software releases.
- Understanding of how to interpret the results of automated test
- Experience with API testing, consumer software
products/ecosystem, connected devices, or video game testing.
- Experience writing test cases in Gherkin or Cucumber.
- A passion for learning and technology!Preferred
Education:Bachelor'sdegree of greater in field such as Computer
Keywords: The Walt Disney Company, Glendale , Senior Quality Assurance Analyst, Professions , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!