Driver Class A - CA_Los Angeles
Company: Clean Harbors
Posted on: August 8, 2022
** $7,000 Sign On Bonus available for a candidate hired into this
role.*****HYDRO EXCAVATING EXPERIENCE IS A PLUS***
HydroChemPSC is looking for a Class A CDL Driver to join their
safety conscious Utilities team! The position is responsible for
the safe and proper execution of HydroChemPSC jobs across all
service lines. This includes responsibility over proper operation
of equipment, driving operational efficiencies at the work site and
ensuring accurate documentation related to the job is completed in
a timely fashion. CDL Class A driver may operate roll off trucks,
pup trailer, flat bed, tanker, 10 wheeler, box trucks, 70 barrel or
120 barrel trucks.
HydroChemPSC, a Clean Harbors company, is the premier industrial
cleaning and environmental services company in North America
supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors.
HydroChemPSC offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system,
innovative career development platform, committed customer service,
deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We
are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance.
We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for
our customers and the most comprehensive training and career
development for our employees.
- Inspect loads to ensure that cargo is secure.
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair
status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain,
binders, or covers.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following
signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading
equipment are properly positioned.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or
damage to the vehicles immediately.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and services
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including
tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products and
- Check all load-related documentation for completeness and
- Read bills of lading to determine assignment details.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources,
verifying instructions and routes.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and
along routes in compliance with state regulations.
- Couple or uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions,
connecting or disconnecting air or electrical lines, or
manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
- Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded
to ensure that there has been no damage.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil,
fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
- Read and interpret maps to determine vehicle routes.
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, phones, or
global positioning systems (GPS) equipment to exchange necessary
information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Load or unload hazardous and non-hardardouns waste materials
from trucks or help others with loading or unloading, using special
loading-related equipment or other equipment as necessary.
- Labels, marks and manifests shipments in accordance with
applicable regulations and company policies, practices and
- Remove debris from loaded trailers.
- Follow special cargo-related procedures, such as checking
straps and come-a-longs
- Install or remove special equipment, such as tire chains.
- Operate idle reduction systems or auxiliary power systems to
generate power from alternative sources, such as fuel cells, to
reduce idling time, to heat or cool truck cabins, or to provide
power for other equipment.
- Industrial setting -Utilities, Pulp and Paper Mills, etc.
Skills and experience:
- Minimum of two years, verifiable service within the commercial
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer
and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment,
meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language
including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition,
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses,
repair, and maintenance.
- Strong knowledge in the operation of equipment used in
- CDL Class A with Hazardous and Tanker endorsements and an
acceptable driving record.
- Smartphone required for Electronic Logging Device.
- Complete understanding of DOT's safety program &
- Possess excellent communications and human relations
- Mechanical aptitude and experience troubleshooting
transportation equipment is preferred.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience.
HydroChemPSC and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in
employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion,
sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability
status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or
any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local
law. HydroChemPSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Clean Harbors, Glendale , Driver Class A - CA_Los Angeles, Professions , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!