Senior Inventory Associate - 3rd shift
Company: Batteries Plus Bulbs
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Batteries Plus is the nation's first, largest and fastest
growing battery and light bulb franchise of its kind, offering a
comprehensive selection of batteries, light bulbs, related products
and services that meet the growing demands of retail consumers and
businesses alike. With over 700 locations in the US and Puerto
Rico, and access to over 45,000 unique battery and light bulb
products, Batteries Plus has become the single source supplier for
all battery and light bulb power needs. In 2010 Batteries Plus was
named on the Inc 5000 list of America's fastest-growing private
companies. Step up your career and join with a proven leader. If
you're seeking a new career opportunity, Batteries Plus offers a
terrific start: a wide variety of experiences, the chance to build
knowledge and skills, and the opportunity to take your career where
you want it to go. If you're coming to us midcareer you will find
terrific opportunities for growth. Application status and other
notifications will be sent via email. Please verify your email
address before submitting your application. Starting Pay $16 -
$16.50 3rd shift Hours Sunday - Thursday 10 pm - 6 am overtime may
be required General function Assist in maintaining optimum levels
of inventory and required materials needed to meet customer
delivery requirements. Perform a variety of tasks to meet quality
and productivity metrics and ensure that product is properly
handled and shipped to customers in a timely manner. Essential
duties and responsibilities (cross-training and other duties may be
assigned) : Inventory Control
- Completes daily physical inventories, cycle counts and receipt
audits of warehouse products accurately and in a timely
- Researches and reports inventory discrepancies, investigating
overages/shortages, and follows up on resolution to internal
- Retrieves products from warehouse locations to assemble
finished goods such as repack, damage, inventory adjustments, and
- Assists in collecting, building and documenting inventory to
Returns to Vendor (RTV) as needed.
- Investigates product cuts from orders, attempting to locate
inventory and/or justify cut.
- Documents and reports damaged and outdated product for
- Operates forklift and other powered equipment as needed.
- Supports other departments as needed, including coaching and
training. Product Slotting
- Sets up pick locations for product
- Adjusts locations/set up to best address the needs of
- Moves product to appropriately size/type location as
- Read requisitions and orders. Pull items to fill the
- Use electronic scanning device to maintain inventory records.
Note errors and/or problems.
- Understand product weights and types to maintain quality and
avoid damage and spoilage of products.
- Pack and crate items in preparation for shipping and
- Properly stage and assemble completed orders for expedited
loading and shipping.
- Scan and verify accuracy of packages being loaded with order
documents to ensure proper piece counts, addresses. Complete
- Follow procedures to wrap orders for shipping stability.
- If trained and/or certified, use mechanical equipment
(forklift, pallet jack, etc.) to load trucks and or storage units.
- Follow all safety procedures and rules established in the
facility. Wear proper PPE.
- Keep all work areas clean and free of hazards. Notify
supervisor of any safety hazards or damaged products.
- Actively participate in all safety and other training programs.
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly desired. Must have a
focus on quality and accuracy and a desire to learn.
- 2 years of warehouse experience. Excellent attendance
- Must have full understanding of documented processes and be
able to audit and train new and existing associates and initiate
any revisions the documentations might require based on process
change; Some computer skills may be required.
- Ability to recognize, read and match alpha-numeric location
codes, box markings and product covers; Ability to calculate simple
math and read gauges.
- Ability to work independently, in addition to working
productively with others.
- Ability to become forklift certified, if applicable. Working
environment The physical demands required to perform the essential
responsibilities of this position are as follows. Reasonable
accommodations, if necessary and/or as required by law, will be
- This position requires the employee to regularly stand, walk
and use hands to handle or touch; frequently talk, hear and lift up
to 50 pounds; and occasionally sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl,
reach above shoulders, and use foot to operate a machine to lift
more than 100 pounds
- The position also requires the employee to regularly use
electronic scanning devices.
- The position requires use of manual and mechanical equipment as
- While performing the responsibilities of this position, the
employee will occasionally be exposed to sheltered weather
conditions and unheated/non-air-conditioned spaces, fumes or
airborne particles, and the limited risk of electrical shock.
- The level of noise in the working environment is moderate to
- Protective clothing and/or equipment used in this position
includes ear protection, eye protection, gloves, and steel-toed
shoes Apply Now * Fields Are Required What is your full name? First
Name How can we contact you? Email Phone Number Number Type What is
your preferred method of communication? If you need assistance
seeking a job opportunity at this company, or if you need
reasonable accommodation with the application process, please
Keywords: Batteries Plus Bulbs, Glendale , Senior Inventory Associate - 3rd shift, Professions , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!