DreamWorks TV - Post Production Supervisor
Posted on: January 9, 2021
58102BRAnimation ProductionFilmed Entertainment
GroupResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Schedule
- Responsible for creating and managing entire post schedule for
each series, including internal and external sessions, material
deadlines, and final delivery assets.
- Understands how changes may affect the budget, scheduling and
overtime and communicates the impact of these changes to Post Dept
Manager and Production Management.
- Negotiates creative retake costs with outside animation studios
ensuring shows stay within their creative retake budgets. Alerts
Post Manager and Series Producer if episodes are in danger of going
- Creates and maintains Post Production schedules for retake,
spotting and review sessions with composer and sound designers;
pre- and final mixes; color correction; quality control and
international distribution. Responsible for scheduling all related
- On CG Series, works closely with Production Manager to ensure
that predetermined animation stages are delivered to the Post
department as scheduled. On 2D series, work with outside animation
studio to ensure footage deliveries are received on time.
- Partners with Production Manager and/or Casting Supervisor to
schedule ADR sessions and ensure correct picture reference is on
stage for ADR sessions.
- Work closely with external vendor post production facilities to
ensure all quality, creative, technical and budget needs as well as
scheduling milestones are met.
- Works with Marketing Production Services to ensure that all
footage requests that pertain to their projects are fulfilled.
- Works with Supervising Producer and Production Manager to
ensure that domestic Main Title and End Credit sections are
completed on schedule in conjunction with show coordination.
- Ensures all textless elements are completed and delivered with
each episode. Works with Home Video Distribution (Netflix) to
ensure correct technical delivery of master sound and picture
- Manages editor and assistant editor's schedules to ensure the
needs of each series are being met and work is being completed on
- Manages Coordinator's/PA's tasks including but not limited
to-downloading and posting footage, alerting editors and assistant
editors of deliveries received; taking retake notes; relaying
retake lists and gathering clarification materials for outside
studios; posting QTs for internal and external review; tracking all
notes that arise from these reviews.
- Remains calm under pressure and provide clear, calm leadership
when conflicting priorities arise.
- Helps to mentor and grow Coordinators and PAs.
- Helps to create a team environment within the department and
helps in keeping morale positive on their projects.
- Works with series' Production Manager to ensure that OT is
managed and approved when necessary.
- Maintains knowledge of current union rules (Local 700) and make
sure these rules are being followed.Qualifications/Requirements
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management skills; excellent multi-tasker and able
to work well in a high-pressure environment.Desired Characteristics
- BA/BS preferred, or minimum 5 years of Post Production
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
- Knowledge of post production workflow for animated series a
plus.Sub-BusinessDreamWorks Animation TV ProductionCareer
StatesAbout UsFrom the award-winning storytellers, artist and
innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation
Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive
on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train
Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including
Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh,
DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and
courage to dream.Visit www.dreamworksanimation.com to see our
latest animated film and television productions.DreamWorks is a
division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent
of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that
drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast
and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film,
world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital
properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we
represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create
the extraordinary. Join us.NoticesNBCUniversal's policy is to
provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender,
gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry,
citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status,
pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services,
genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable
law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal
requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance
Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Keywords: NBCUniversal, Glendale , DreamWorks TV - Post Production Supervisor, Professions , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!