Quality Production Lab Technician
Company: Mark Anthony Brewing
Posted on: November 20, 2020
Are you interested in working for the fastest growing beer
company in the US? Do you want to be apart of an innovative team in
a brand new state-of-the-art brewing facility? If so, Mark Anthony
Brewing has the perfect opportunity for you!
The Laboratory Technician will perform routine lab and micro
analysis on raw materials samples, product samples, both in-process
and finished, to ensure quality and specifications are sustained.
The Laboratory Technician works with a high attention to detail and
a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment. This role will work
closely with all departments, particularly Brewing, Batching, and
Packaging. The Laboratory Technician will operate and maintain
various lab equipment/instrumentation along with following all
Core Duties& Responsibilities:
- Perform routine analysis and provide timely and accurate data
to all departments of the Glendale Brewery.
- Evaluate finished goods quality and audit processes throughout
production to ensure all specs are met and plant is operating
within desired parameters.
- Proficient in Good Lab Practices, keeping a clean and safe
- Learn and understand processes throughout the facility to
better assist with troubleshooting, determining root cause,
isolating and dispositioning holds.
- Assist in managing non-conforming products to ensure they are
not released without further analysis and Quality Manager
- Help to develop quality information records and display data
clearly and effectively
- Operate and maintain lab equipment/instrumentation, not limited
to Alcolyzer, DMA, pH meters, GC, HPLC, spectrophotometer,
- Skillful with equipment calibration and maintaining control
charts to ensure equipment is performing properly.
- Prioritize work in a fast-paced environment to limit downtime
and keep operations moving
- Manage laboratory inventory
- Participate in Glendale's HACCP Food Safety Program to ensure
product integrity and food safety
Accountable for the ongoing reporting of KPIs within the role
domain, and collaboration of cross-functional KPIs. Current
measures include but are not limited to:
- People- Safety, Training& Development, Cross-Functional
- Quality- Quality Specifications, GMP, HACCP, and Internal
Quality Audit Metrics
- Customer Service- On-Time, In Spec, In Full
Cost- COGS, Inventory Management, Operational Losses, Process
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or Food
Science required. Minimum 2 years laboratory experience in
food/carbonated beverage/alcohol preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Willing to work rotating shifts, overtime, and occasional
- Strong analytical skills. Demonstrate attention to detail and
- Knowledge of good laboratory practices, including sample prep,
handling and record keeping.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work
- Demonstrate motivation and a good work ethic under minimal
- Must work effectively in team environments.
- Proficient with basic computer applications, including Excel,
Microsoft Office, and Word.
- Statistical process control skills and use of statistical
analysis software preferred.
- Bi-lingual skills preferred
- Works with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strategic thinker with strong problem solving skills.
- Thrives in ambiguity.
- Does not need all information to navigate effectively.
- Able to succeed in a changing environment.
- Humble yet confident, able to put the growth of the
- Able to intelligently course correct as priorities change.
- Listens and is open to feedback.
- Demonstrates agility within a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrates a hands-on attitude and an attention to
- Pays attention to the small details.
- Demonstrates a willingness to pitch in wherever needed.
- Works with the best intentions.
- Able to navigate through sometimes ambiguous, entrepreneurial,
and somewhat unstructured environments.
- Fast-paced and constantly changing work environment.
- Possible off-shift and weekend/holiday work
- Climate controlled environment with a temperature of 68 degrees
- Analytical Laboratory and Manufacturing Environment include:
Potential exposure to odors, fumes, airborne particles and
hazardous chemicals, Noise level varies from quiet to loud,
Temperature varies from hot to cold.
This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position
within the state of Arizona.
Keywords: Mark Anthony Brewing, Glendale , Quality Production Lab Technician, Professions , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!