Money Talks Student Assistant- Federal Work Study
Company: Maricopa Community College District
Posted on: February 7, 2024
Money Talks Student Assistant- Federal Work Study
Job ID: 319299
Location: Glendale Community College
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Not Eligible for Benefits
This is a part-time, temporary position not eligible for
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Flexiable/varied work schedule
Are you looking for a place to work where you can make a real
difference in the lives of over 200,000 college students every
Would you like to be part of an organization that adds $7.2 billion
dollars to the economy and supports nearly 100,000 jobs in the
fastest growing county in the United States?
Whether you're teaching, working, or learning Make It Happen At
Maricopa County Community Colleges!
- Many of our campuses have received grant awards through the to
improve undergraduate STEM Education: Hispanic-Serving institutions
program (HSI Program).
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and employee groups
to create an environment of shared governance
- One of the largest community college systems in the
- 2020 Healthy Arizona Worksites Program recipient
- Named 19th Best Employer for Women by Forbes
- 2019 No. 42 in Arizona's Best Employers
We're looking for students who are creative, have an interest in
personal finance, are comfortable with social media and enjoy
talking about ways to manage money, pay for college, use credit
cards, and minimize debt. If you're comfortable talking in front of
a group of your peers, are energetic, and have lots of great ideas,
we'd love for you to apply.
You'll also provide assistance to students and the campus community
while helping in the coordination of the GCC Money Talks program
and promotion of GCC Money Talks events and resources.
In order to qualify for a Federal Work-Study (FWS) job, a FAFSA
(Free Application for Federal Student Aid) must be on file for the
current award year and have eligible financial needs based on the
college requirements. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid
for more information prior to applying to a Federal Work-Study
- FWS is a need-based, federally funded program.
- FWS requires the completion of a Free Application for Federal
Student Aid (FAFSA), and confirmation of federal work-study
eligibility as determined by the financial aid office.
- FWS does not directly pay for tuition, and funds are only
available to eligible students attending a minimum of six (6)
degree applicable hours in a federal student aid eligible
- The FWS award amount is based on your FAFSA results and college
funding availability, which will determine the number of hours
available to work while supporting the students academic
- For more detailed information, please go to the Department of
Education's Federal Work-Study Program website.
- Promote financial literacy in a variety of ways across
- Help with coordination of GCC Money Talks program including
posting of fliers on campus and answering questions about the
- Assist with development of Money Talks content and/or
- Assist with on campus tabling and Money Talks events.
- Attend initial money mentor training as well as continued
subsequent trainings for further professional/personal
- May meet with students in both group and individual settings to
deliver personal finance knowledge, building a solid foundation for
- May assist with data analysis and reporting on program
- Must be enrolled (Fall/Spring) in a minimum of 6 credit hours
at a Glendale Community College.
- Must have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours with a
cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better at a Maricopa College or
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of personal finance or interest and ability to learn
- Desire to coach and support other students enrolled at GCC.
- Be self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative and organized
- Canva and/or video editing preferred
- Ability to draft or modify emails and other written
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred but not required
- Advanced skill with excel/google sheets preferred but not
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume showing
how the applicant meets the minimum and desired qualifications. All
minimum requirements must be met at the time of the
Please ensure your materials clearly provide the following
- Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and
education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this
- Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07
to 10/11) including job title, job duties, for each position held
and name of employer for each position.
- Three professional references, preferably current and/or former
supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon
application, they will be requested at time of interview.
Posting Close Date
Open until filled
EEO, Title IX, & Clery Act
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not
discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or
education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse),
age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: "No person in
the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from
participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to
discrimination under any education program or activity receiving
Federal financial assistance."
The policy of the MCCCD is to provide an educational, employment,
and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents
of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX
Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is
available at this link Title IX Coordinators.
The Clery Act is a Federal law requiring United States Colleges and
Universities to disclose information about crime on and around
their campuses. Crime reporting data for each of the Maricopa
Community Colleges, as required under the Clery Act, is available
at this link Clery Act.
To apply, visit
Keywords: Maricopa Community College District, Glendale , Money Talks Student Assistant- Federal Work Study, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!