Compliance and Privacy Specialist
Company: Beecan Health
Posted on: May 27, 2023
About the job
Are you a person who believes in providing great care? Do you
believe in having a positive impact on other people's lives? Are
you a team-player, quick-thinker, and ready to be a part of an
organization that supports your growth?
WHAT WE'RE ABOUT
We believe care goes beyond a medical chart. With kindness and
integrity as our guide, we strive for excellence in every
- You care.
The Compliance and Privacy Specialist will serve as a key member of
the Beecan Health Compliance Department, instrumental in supporting
our people, processes, and technology in compliance with applicable
privacy and security policies, laws and regulations. The Compliance
and Privacy Specialist acts as the primary point of contact and
subject matter resource for HIPAA, Release of Information requests,
Business Associate Agreements, and company contracts. This role
will be responsible for Compliance and Privacy strategy planning,
which may include the following: conduct gap analysis and
assessment of compliance in privacy and risk management programs,
develop a strategic road map to evolve the privacy and risk
management programs and fulfill internal and external compliance
and privacy audits or assessments.
The candidate should have exposure to U.S. privacy and data
protection laws and regulations, fair information practices and
core privacy and data protection principles, online privacy, and
information security to support Beecan Health's Compliance program
to meet regulatory and contractual standards for the company's
lines of business.
- Develops document management, privacy, and data governance
frameworks, including participation in identifying, testing,
planning, evaluation, implementing, and administering governance,
risk, and compliance (GRC) tools and systems utilized by team
members throughout the organization.
- Monitors, facilitates, and supports annual reports and
self-certifications, such as cybersecurity, diversity, privacy,
conflict of interest, and other compliance reporting and
- Assists with triage, problem-solving, and management of issues
where a compliance risk may be present.
- Develop continuous improvements to compliance, privacy
governance & risk management program.
- Provides guidance and enforces policies and
- Provide regular program status reports and metrics to
- Fulfill internal and external program audits or
- Assist in the development and delivery of privacy training and
- Participate in external compliance and data privacy-related
organizations to share and collaborate on best practices.
- Planning, designing, and implementing an overall risk
management process for privacy.
- Conduct privacy impact assessments to assess and mitigate risks
related to processing, transmission and storage of PII/PHI data
specific privacy-related requirements and potential
vulnerabilities, including managing the privacy impact assessment
- Participates in new business initiatives to identify and
escalate compliance and privacy considerations.
- Ensures that departments, facilities, and vendors are complying
with the compliance and privacy program and meeting compliance and
- Collaborates with and assist partnering departments to develop
action plans for identified compliance and privacy operations,
CAPs, regulatory requirements, and compliance updates.
- Continuously monitors the status and effectiveness of
compliance and privacy controls.
- Ensure privacy-related key risk indicators are effectively
monitored to prevent an unacceptable impact on business objectives
- Assist with implementing privacy and data protection
requirements, including how we collect documents, sharing and using
personal data. (Personally Identifiable Information (PII) Inventory
- Continually update and re-evaluate the extent to which resident
and staff information is collected and shared internally and
- Monitor and approve data requests and release of information
- Participate in privacy and security incident investigations,
incident tracking, response plans, and activities related to
privacy and security.
- Performs security assessments, categorize, and prioritize
assessment findings, responds to audit requests, and monitors for
adherence to policies and procedures.
- Performs all regulatory assessments including HIPPA, Security
Controls Review and Accreditation.
- Performs daily risk management activities including maintaining
a risk dashboard and documentation.
- Partners with the IT Department to manage phishing campaigns,
tabletop exercises, and conducts security awareness
- Executes procedures to assess and measure compliance with the
organization's security policies and procedures.
- Partners with internal teams to review all regulatory changes
and works with the IT Department to ensure their solutions are
compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Documents, investigates, and reports security compliance
- Participates in the resolution of risk and compliance issues
with appropriate stakeholders.
- Collaborates with appropriate departments for assessments,
audit requirements, and Corrective Action Plan (CAP)
- Consults across business operations, providing mentorship, and
contributing specialized knowledge.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above listing of duties and responsibilities are not intended
to be all-inclusive but rather to serve as a description of the
range of duties and general nature of the position. Nothing in this
job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign
duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum two (2) years of Compliance and Privacy
- Bachelor's degree in related field, preferred or possess
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience working for a skilled nursing facility or in the
health industry highly preferred.
- Experience in compiling, coordinating, and analyzing regulatory
- Experience with compliance audits and assessments.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving
- Heavy writing / composition experience.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deliverables in a
- Strong computer skills - MS Office (Excel, Word,
- Experience using Excel functions such as macros, external data
connections, pivot tables, charts, and conditional formatting,
Keywords: Beecan Health, Glendale , Compliance and Privacy Specialist, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...