Sr. Associate -API Development
Company: Cognizant Technology Solutions
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Technical LeadQualification:Bachelor's in engineering or
equivalentResponsibility:Project Planning & Setup:
- Understand and contribute to resource plan.
- Identify appropriate processes based on project landscape.
- Identify gaps and advise on improvements if required.
- Share inputs in creation of project plan.
- Contribute to hardware/software requirement plan.
- Understand the test strategy, evaluate the design and identify
gaps in the test plans, if any.Requirement Gathering and Analysis:
- Analyze functional/non functional requirements and seek
clarifications for better understanding of requirements.
- Define timeline estimates based on the requirements, complexity
and inhouse capability.
- Communicate estimates to supervisor for review.
- Provide inputs on technical feasibility of requirements.
- Identify gaps in requirements.
- Share additional requirements identified with
- Guide team in preparation of technical specification document
and review the same.
- Break down the base lines requirements into business and
- Prepare high level and low level design and share with
supervisor for approval.
- Identify tools and technologies to be used in the project as
well as reusable objects that could be customized for the project.
- Share the design document with the functional team post
- Guide team in coding as per design.
- Follow coding standards and best practices to check code
- Share developed code with supervisor for review.
- Rework on the code based on inputs if required.
- Perform complex integration.
- Guide the developers in identifying, preparing and conducting
unit test cases and fixing defects based on results.
- Consolidate the test results and share with supervisor.
- Provide periodic status update to supervisor and highlight /
recommend any changes in design based on challenges faced.
- Anticipate unreported defects and raise the same to supervisor.
- Conduct technical troubleshooting.
- Conduct reviews for codes created by team.Testing:
- Coordinate with QA team during the testing phase.
- Address queries raised by QA within defined timelines.
- Conduct functional / non functional testing if required.
- Investigate critical defects and establish need for fixing.
- Fix complex defects identified during functional / non
- Understand the defect impact / criticality and handle
- Raise issues to leads/QA.
- Report defect status as per project standard process within
- Review defect fixes done by team guide them.
- Fix defects identified during UAT within agreed timelines.
- Share revised code with supervisor for review.
- Assist team lead and project manager on estimates around defect
fixes.Deployment & Closure:
- Conduct allocated transition tasks as per agreed timelines.
- Address queries / provide assistance in fixing issues during
- Provide prompt response during production support.
- Fix defects as and when required.
- Review defect fixes.
- Maintain deployment tracker.
- Perform sanity check post deployment to ensure smooth
- Share activity status with supervisor and highlight concerns if
any.Service Support & Maintenance:
- Participate in scoping meetings and identify transition
requirements for new projects.
- Reconfirm requirements with relevant stakeholders.
- Freeze SME calendar.
- Provide transition activities.
- Regularly track progress of transitions through weekly
- Attend user calls, and capture required information and
incident details for logging.
- Post information gathering, identify whether the incoming
request is a service request or an incident.
- Determine urgency and impact of the situation.
- Assign appropriate priority to the incident.
- Assign the incident to the right stakeholder for a
- Conduct analysis on various incidents that occur frequently
Categorize recurring incidents as problems/known errors.
- Provide support to resolve these errors.
- Initiate change management process.Knowledge Management:
- Create specific artifacts for tasks allocated by supervisor.
- Share artifact with supervisor for review.
- Upload article in the knowledge management repository.
- Seek inputs from knowledge repository to resolve problems.
- Apply best practices/ learning during development
- Provide support in creation of training courses and supporting
artifacts on the training server such as demo, presentation.
- Conduct training with the help of academy and mentoring with
respect to domain.
- Mentor new joiners in EAS function on an ongoing basis.
- Provide support to various project managers in identification
of training needs of their subordinates.
- Provide inputs during goal setting and performance
appraisal.Must Have Skills
- MicroservicesGood To Have Skills
- Node js
- ANSI SQL
- Core Java
- Oracle WeblogicEmployee Status : Full Time EmployeeShift : Day
JobTravel : NoJob Posting : May 23 2023About CognizantCognizant
(Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional
services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and
technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based,
consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more
innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S.,
Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently
listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how
Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or
follow us @USJobsCognizant.Applicants may be required to attend
interviews in person or by video conference. In addition,
candidates may be required to present their current state or
government issued ID during each interview.Cognizant is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national
origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other
characteristic protected by law.If you have a disability that
requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or
submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with
your request and contact information.
Keywords: Cognizant Technology Solutions, Glendale , Sr. Associate -API Development, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...