Company: Azul Hospitality
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Glenmark Hotel - Glendale, CA
$19.50 - $19.50 Hourly
Hospitality - Hotel
Ensure all public areas are clean and maintained according to the
standards of the hotel.
- Perform general cleaning duties in public areas, storage areas
and administrative areas.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobby, lounges, restrooms, corridors,
elevators, stairways, and fitness center.
- Supply own cleaning cart with appropriate supplies for
- Ensure work areas are clean when finished.
- Be knowledgeable about the hotel and answering to guests
inquiries and requests.
- Run supplies and service items to guestrooms as requested.
- Dust furniture and fixtures.
- Polish metalwork and furniture.
- Vacuum floors.
- Participate in the guest room Deep Cleaning program.
- Perform deep cleaning tasks and special projects (for example:
mattress flipping, furniture moves, etc.)
- Assist with carpet cleaning and extraction.
- Strip rooms for Room Attendants upon check out.
- Collect soiled linens from rooms for laundering. Receive and
store linen supplies in appropriate locations.
- Assist Room Attendants by bringing any additional items needed
for the guest rooms.
- Remove and dispose of trash.
- Clean outside areas including porte cochere and other arrival
- Ensure staff member break areas and administrative offices are
clean and well maintained.
- All other duties assigned by managers and supervisors.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this
position may be required to perform a combination of the following
supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each
function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the
particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist with any guest inquiry.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and
- Report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by direct and
indirect Supervisors. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Environmental conditions are inside, a job is considered inside
if staff spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time
inside. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to six (6) hours per day.
Walking and standing are required at times. Length of time of these
tasks may vary from day to day and task to task
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between
functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and
to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. as needed.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up
to 250 lbs.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking,
repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, and hearing
ability and visual acuity.
- Hearing, smelling, tasting, and visual ability to observe and
distinguish product quality and detect signs of emergency
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with other staff, guests, and supervisors.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near and color vision and depth
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and
carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands
as well. SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of
knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary
language used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and
- Must have excellent customer relations skills.
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational and
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external
customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact
and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve
- Self-driven and able to work independently.
- Exceptionally strong in issue resolution and proven analytical
skills with a strong attention to detail. EDUCATION
High school or equivalent education required.
- Prior hotel experience preferred. LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
All Staff Members must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed
appearance per Azul Hospitality standards. Refer to the property
specific required grooming and uniform standards policy.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be
established by Azul Hospitality, from time to time, is essential to
the successful performance of this position. Staff with irregular
attendance / tardiness will be subject to disciplinary action, up
to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all
staff is required to fully comply with Azul Hospitality rules and
regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotels
facilities. Staff members who violate hotel rules and regulations
will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including
termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the
hospitality industry, staff members may be required to work varying
schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition,
attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is
required. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive
list of all job functions that a staff member in this position may
be asked to perform from time to time.
Keywords: Azul Hospitality, Glendale , House Attendant, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...