Sr. Network Administrator
Company: California Credit Union
Posted on: March 16, 2023
We are looking for a candidate that can work from our Glendale
or San Diego Corporate office. Under limited supervision, manages
all aspects of the California Credit Union computer network and
unified communications systems to include design, operation,
upgrade, maintenance, support, documentation, and related duties.
Principal Accountabilities (80%)
- Design and implement assigned aspects of the California Credit
Union (CCU) network in a secure, functional, efficient, and
cost-effective manner to meet the business goals and objectives of
- Manage full system operations for assigned systems, including,
but not limited to, software updates, system configuration, data
backup and recovery.
- Develop and maintain application and hardware standards and
retain full documentation for each assigned system.
- Maintain regular communication with Information Technology
staff, other business units, and vendors regarding their business
and technical plans to ensure adherence to CCU's policies and
- Participate in and contribute to cross-functional
- Research information technology best practices and recommend
changes to the Director IT Infrastructure and the VP Information
- Ensure plans are in place for effective backup of critical
information as well as business continuity and disaster recovery
controls in accordance with adopted policies and procedures.
- Ensure information technology systems and associated devices
are protected against malicious software and unauthorized use and
remain compliant with information security policies and
- Work closely with the Director IT Infrastructure and the VP
Information Security to ensure the compliance of key information
systems to the Information Security Program and applicable industry
- Provide all levels of technical support for a range of
information systems within the organization in a timely manner that
meets established service level agreements.
- Interact with vendors for purchases, repairs, installation,
maintenance and support for new and existing systems.
- Perform system analysis periodically to optimize system
capacity and efficiency. Secondary Accountabilities (20%)
- Actively engage with people in a respectful and professional
- Adhere to federal and state regulations, credit union policies,
and other compliance obligations.
- Consistently achieve stated goals.
- Participate in required meetings and training.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and maintain corporate
- Represent the credit union with a high level of integrity and
- Support management and member decisions and goals in a
positive, professional manner.
- Comply with BSA requirements as commensurate with
- Perform other duties as assigned. Position Requirements and
Qualifications Knowledge, Education, Certifications, Licenses: -
Foundational knowledge of computer networking protocols and
concepts, routing, switching, IP addressing, access control,
wide-area and wireless networks, Windows and *nix operating
systems. - Foundational knowledge of voice-over-IP and unified
communications systems. - A degree in information technology or
equivalent. - Industry certifications such as Cisco CCNA, Extreme
Networks ECNA, CompTIA Network+ and similar are desirable.
Experience: - Four or more years of experience supporting an
enterprise network preferred. - Financial institution work
environment experience preferred. Experience configuring, managing
and maintaining firewalls, routers, and switches. Working
Conditions and Physical Demands Work is performed in a general
office environment. - This position does not require significant
physical efforts; however, incumbent must be able to lift up to 50
lbs. - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. -
Refer to the Safety & Health Policy found in California Credit
Union's Employee Handbook & Resource Guide. EOE
Keywords: California Credit Union, Glendale , Sr. Network Administrator, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...