Company: Society for Vascular Ultrasound
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Details Posted: 25-Dec-22Location: Glendale, ArizonaSalary:
OpenCategories: Allied Health Internal Number:
Arizona Oncology Associates is seeking to hire a Chief Medical
Physicist in Phoenix, AZ. Our offices are APEx accredited and are
currently undergoing re-accreditation.
The Chief Medical Physicist will work out of our Phoenix office.
The Chief Medical Physicist will oversee the work of the clinical
team, maintaining ongoing quality assurance tasks, performing
patient specific quality assurance, participating in brachytherapy
procedures and interacting with state regulators.
The ideal candidate will have a strong clinical background as well
as good organizational and interpersonal skills.
Our mission is to increase access to and advance the delivery of
high-quality cancer care in America. As part of US Oncology, one of
the nation's largest healthcare services networks dedicated
exclusively to cancer treatment and research, we can quickly bring
the latest advances in cancer care to our patients. Most
importantly, we understand the special needs of cancer patients,
and are devoted to caring for the whole person, not just the
disease. Our physicians and staff treat patients in over 21
locations throughout the state including Glendale, Goodyear, Green
Valley, Phoenix, Prescott Valley, Scottsdale, and Tucson.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package that
includes, 401K Profit Sharing Plan, Critical Care Insurance, Dental
Insurance, Health Spending Account, Legal Insurance, Long-Term
Care, Medical Insurance, Paid Time Off Plan, Short and Long-Term
Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, and Vision Insurance.
To make a difference in someone's life, you don't have to be
brilliant, rich, beautiful or perfect. You just have to care.
In your job, you will have the ability to make a difference in a
patient's journey by:
- Create physics and radiation quality management programs and
the review and approval of procedures followed by radiation therapy
- Develop radiation safety and monitoring policies, procedures,
and training manuals.
- Ensure adherence to all regulatory requirements.
- Ensure proper maintenance of radiation treatment
- Implement radiation safety training and personnel radiation
monitoring programs throughout the state.
- Lead chart rounds to ensure appropriate clinical care of
patient as it relates to physics and radiation services.
- Manage the radiation oncology physics program, including the
technical direction of physicists and medical dosimetrists, staff
scheduling, review of billing for accuracy and procurement of
- Oversee the registration of all ionizing radiation equipment
and radioactive material licenses for practices within the
- Oversee the technical direction of radiation oncology physics,
dosimetry and brachytherapy staff within the state.
- Participate in routine radiation training of staff.
- Provide radiation oncology physics services and coverage at all
practice sites as needed, including HDR and LDR brachytherapy
- Provide recommendations for the specification, selection, and
acceptance of radiation-producing machines, accessories, and
computerized treatment-planning system.
- Coverage area includes Glendale,Goodyear,and
- Master's degree in Medical Physics from an accredited four-year
college or university.
- Minimum seven years' experience in radiation physics, including
a minimum three years management experience, preferably in a large
radiation physics program with multiple sites and brachytherapy
- Current certification in field by American Board of
- Must meet continuing education requirements.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Valid state license for radiation physics preferred.
The safety of our patients and staff is our top priority. Masks are
required in all Arizona Oncology facilities regardless of
vaccination status. Candidates who accept employment including
current employees who are applying for internal positions, are
required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to their
start date. Religious and medical exemptions are available to those
who meet the criteria.
Experience utilizing equipment below is a plus:
- Varian Linacs (TrueBeam, VitalBeam, Clinac iX)
- Eclipse TPS
- ARIA EMR
- Nucletron HDR
- EZ Fluence
Familiarity with the following procedures is a plus:
- Unsealed Sources
Arizona Oncology Associates is a quality driven practice of
Medical, Radiation and Surgical Oncologists. We are one of the
largest cancer centers in the state. Our more than 70 physicians
are devoted exclusively to providing comprehensive, compassionate,
and high-quality care. Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
Connections working at US Oncology Network More Jobs from This
Keywords: Society for Vascular Ultrasound, Glendale , Chief Physicist, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!