Volunteer & Donations Specialist
Company: International Rescue Committee
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Requisition ID: req34947Job Title: Volunteer & Donations
SpecialistSector: Program AdministrationEmployment Category: Fixed
TermEmployment Type: Full-TimeOpen to Expatriates: No
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Job DescriptionJob Overview: The Volunteer and Donations Specialist
is the community engagement focal point for the IRC in Los Angeles.
This role coordinates volunteer & intern support, financial &
in-kind donations, as well as communications and outreach. The
Specialist will recruit volunteers & interns and design effective
volunteer opportunities to support Resettlement programming while
maintaining donations through procurement, management, and
distribution of in-kind contributions from our community of
supporters.Major Responsibilities:Volunteer Recruitment &
- Recruit, screen, orient, train and supervise volunteer and
- Collaborate with staff to develop and maintain accurate,
up-to-date service descriptions for all volunteer & internship
- Present on-boarding orientations and assist with administrative
needs for all new recruits.
- Responsible for developing and running effective programs for
volunteer support of IRC programs by collaborating with direct
service staff and offering logistical support in alignment with IRC
- Manage the Salesforce volunteer database and regularly report
on data tracking systems.
- Record and report all volunteer time and keep accurate,
appropriately documented electronic and paper records of service
- Maintain individual files on all volunteer and intern
placements, ensuring required documentation is complete, accurate
and on file.
- Recognize volunteers and their service through appreciation
events and communications.
- Provide ongoing support to volunteers/interns throughout their
- Other related duties as assigned. Donations Coordination &
- Pursue, track, and report monthly on in-kind
- Oversee storage and inventory of in-kind donations on- and
off-site. Maintains all CIK items for the Los Angeles office.
- Responsible for developing donation allocation strategy and
coordinating distribution to support office-wide needs and ensure
match is generated & tracked for grant compliance.
- Collaborate with staff in match generating programs to allocate
and distribute in-kind donations.
- Responsible for monthly CIK Reports tracking the value of
volunteer hours and in-kind donations.
- Responsible for ensuring integration of activities into IRC's
new business database Integra which will include system
- Other related duties as assigned. Staff Support:
- Work in tandem with the Program Manager to identify needs and
develop intern and volunteer recruitment plans to support
achievement of program goals.
- Train and support staff to work effectively as volunteer
managers and interact cooperatively with volunteers.
- Participate in leadership team meetings and represent the
Resettlement department in all Community Engagement efforts.
- Participate in IRC Communities of Practice and other networking
and professional development opportunities in the network.
- Other related duties as assigned. Job Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree required. Preferably with an emphasis in
communication, non-profit management, human resources,
international development or a relevant field of study.
- 2+ years of experience in volunteer services and/or volunteer
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and ability to learn new
computer applications rapidly.
- Expertise in program management and human resource management
principles and experience managing diverse teams preferred.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexible and able to handle pressure and competing priorities
- Experience developing and providing orientations and trainings
including comfort with public speaking and facilitating
- Strong organizational skills in a complex, multi-tasking
environment and the ability to manage multiple projects and
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; ability to
communicate effectively and diplomatically with current and
prospective donors and volunteers, partner agencies, multi-cultural
clients and colleagues on all levels. Working Environment:
- A combination of standard office environment and 'field' time
in and around the service delivery area.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Work schedule is Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. COVID-19 Vaccination
Requirement: In accordance with IRC's duty to provide and maintain
a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to
safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities,
IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against
COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid
positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend
any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings). Commitment to
Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse
organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage
applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can
contribute to this goal. Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will
ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodation to participate in the job application or interview
process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other
benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request
accommodation. US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly
competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick
days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role
and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental
starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA
for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement
savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching
contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting),
disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program
which is available to our staff and their families to support
counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health
Apply NowShare Save Job
Keywords: International Rescue Committee, Glendale , Volunteer & Donations Specialist, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!