Assistant Preschool Teacher, 4's/Pre-K classroom
Company: Dream City Christian School
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Dream City Christian School seeks a full time Assistant
Preschool Teacher for our 4's/Pre-K classroom starting January
2023. Please apply at www.dreamcityschools.org/careers. Once the
online application is submitted, we will be in touch.
*Position*: _Assistant Preschool Teacher, 4's/Pre-K classroom_
*FSLA Status: * _Non-Exempt _*Reports to*: _Precschool
*General Description of Position*:
Dream City Christian School is desiring appropriately classified
and highly qualified professionals. All teacher assistants and
break staff at Dream City Christian School are expected to
demonstrate proficiency in their performance in each of the
following competency standards:
1) Assist Lead Teacher with the day to day routine, and schedule of
2) Upholds classroom and playground safety.
3) Provide high quality interaction with children and families.
4) Assist in maintaining a developmental appropriate,
5) Collaborates with Lead Teachers, Co-Workers, and Others.
6) Engages in Professional Development and Responsibilities.
* Must be at least 18 years old, and have at least 6 months of
Early Childhood experience in a State licensed facility.
* Must have a valid AZ Fingerprint Clearance card
* Be committed to a relationship with Jesus Christ as evidenced in
his/her character and how he/she interacts as a team member.
* Be willing to participate in an environment that seeks to reflect
and teach Biblical truth.
* Support the school's Mission Statement and philosophy.
* Ability to interact and establish relationships with parents,
staff, and students in a professional manner.
* Exhibit qualities required for the position which include but are
not limited to: excellent interpersonal and organizational skills,
proficient computer skills, articulate in writing and speaking,
exhibit independence, initiative, and sound judgment.
* High level of confidentiality.
* Assist the Lead Teacher with the planning and implementing the
lesson for the classroom.
* Maintaining the regular learning environment, including routines
and activities in the absence of the lead teacher.
* Research and record 18 hours of In-service Training Hours that
are age appropriate for your job assignment required by the State
of Arizona and Dream City Christian School by the end of the
contract year, June 30th.
* Fully understands that Dream City Christian School is committed
to following the State of Arizona guidelines.
* Perform any clerical duties assigned by the Lead teacher.
* Supervises students in the classroom, and playgrounds.
* Participates in schoolwide or level specific extra-curricular
* Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
*Physical Requirements: *
May require: climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching,
standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking,
hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. (See Employee Guide)
Incumbents may be exposed to bodily fluids.
*Statement of Faith: *The following is the doctrinal position held
by Dream City Christian School. All personnel serving in any
official school capacity are expected to personally hold to these
convictions and teach them. All parents/guardians shall agree to
our organization teaching these viewpoints (in an age-appropriate
manner) to students in an effort to instill values from a Biblical
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible,
inerrant Word of God.
(2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:21)
We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three
persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19;
We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33):
o His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35)
o His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 7:26)
o His miracles (John 2:11)
o His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians
o His resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4)
o His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19),
o His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation
We believe that it is the goal of every Christian to grow in
spiritual maturity through obedience to the Word of God and the
indwelling Holy Spirit. (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 1
Corinthians 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30; Ephesians 5:18; 1 Corinthians
We believe, according to His promise, that Jesus will physically
return for His people. This truth has been revealed to provide the
believer comfort and encouragement in his life.
We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person
as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders
together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen. 1:26-27)
Rejection of one's biological sex is a rejection of the image of
God within that person.
We believe that the term "marriage" has only one meaning: the
uniting of one man one woman in a single, exclusive union, as
delineated in Scripture. (Gen. 2:18-25). We believe that God
intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who
are married to each other. (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4). We
believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be
engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and woman.
We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery,
fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality,
incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God.
(Matt. 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10)
We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of
Dream City Christian School as a local Body of Christ, and to
provide a biblical role model to the Dream City Christian
community, it is imperative that all persons employed by Dream City
Christian School in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree
to and abide by this statement of marriage, gender, and sexuality.
(Matt 5:16; Phil 2:14-16; 1 Thess. 5:22)
We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who
confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness
through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Romans 10:9-10; 1 Cor
We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love,
kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31) Hateful
and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward an individual
are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture or the
doctrines of Dream City Christian School.
We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His
image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions,
including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally
challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception
through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect
and value all human life. (Psalm 139)
Final Authority for Matters of Belief and Conduct: The Statement of
Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself,
as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final
authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of
mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For
purposes of Dream City Christian School's faith, doctrine,
practice, policy, and discipline, our school board is Dream City
Christian School's final interpretive authority on the Bible's
I affirm my personal agreement with Dream City Christian School's
Statement of Faith, agree to live consistently with the Statement
of Faith, and agree not to act or advocate against the Statement of
Dream City Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetic
information. As a private Christian school with a mission to
maximize the God-given potential of each student, the law protects
Dream City Christian School's freedom to exercise its religion in
*\*As a condition of employment, employees must: *
* Agree to the Statement of Faith
* Agree to and clear a fingerprint check.
* The assistant teacher or break staff may be a full-time or
* Paid Time Off accrual as determined in the Employee Handbook
* Full benefits based on number of hours worked as part of the
Dream City Christian School employee group.
* Hours per day shall favor the needs of the school.
* The employee agrees to perform duties according to the
policies/regulations of the School Board.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $15.00 - $16.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
* Signing bonus
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Assistant Preschool Teacher: 1 year (Preferred)
* AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Dream City Christian School, Glendale , Assistant Preschool Teacher, 4's/Pre-K classroom, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!