Front Desk Associate
Company: FirstService Residential
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Position: * Front Desk Concierge
*\* Shifts Monday, Tuesday 8AM-3PM / Thursday, Friday 10AM-6PM*
*Reports To: * General Manager
*Location: * Excelsior at The Americana -Glendale, CA
*JOB SUMMARY: *
The Front Desk Associate ("FDA") supports the General Manager
("GM"), Associate Community Manager ("ACM") and/or Front Desk
Supervisor by delivering Resident/Member interface/program results
to the Client in response to strategic goals issued by GM.
Communications, Databasing, and Presentation are the key tenets of
Qualification. While all the on-site positions promote and exude
warm & helpful service, the FDA position specifically focuses on
the "5-Star" branding of management. The FDA is specifically tasked
to fluently command knowledge of each and every Resident/Member and
is responsible for executing on a full-service stabilized platform
which is tailored to the Client. In order to do so, the FDA must be
fully-fluent on all necessary tools (communications mediums,
Connect, Sharepoint, Access Control) in order to facilitate program
and fully plan/anticipate activities. The FDA is held accountable
for a variety of support services & deliverables to the Management
staff, as well as timely Front Desk operations to the Residency &
The position across all parameters requires professional
presentation (verbal, written, visual) at all times, with peak
emphasis on friendly, helpful service ability.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS include the following. Other requirements
may be assigned.
* Member & Resident Introduction & Database
* In response to new Members/Residents, ensure that all
documentation (hardcopy & electronic) is properly archived,
studied, and integrated within Resident Services
Strategy/Programme, requiring Connect fluency & Central, Jenark
* Proactively introduce self, programme, and features/amenities to
Members/Residents, keeping in mind branding & culture
* Create and maintain each file with appropriate updates to staff
on timely basis
* As necessary, research and confirm past information against
sources, utilizing necessary tools & communications (under
* Field and Administer Real-Time Database of all FOB's &
* Monitor Systems As Necessary
* Utilize System Forensically As Necessary
* Fluency of the Physical Patrol and Associated
* Front Desk
* Execute Front Desk Duties
* Hospitality/Customer Service
* Pass-On Reporting/Documentation
* Turnover Procedure
* Access Package Procedure
* Resident Services Procedures (Regular & Exceptional): Logistics,
Communications, Scheduling, Marketing
* Incident Reporting
* Emergency Procedures
* Package/Mail Procedures
* Beverage Service Procedures
* Physical Plant Dispatch/Routing
* Security Patrol Interface
* Physical Front Desk Logistics
* Parking & Transit Operations
* Field and Maintain Real-Time Database of all Parking Assignments
* Execute primary communications core for Compliance, Courtesy,
* Prepare and submit all documentation for approval to ACM/GM
* When applicable, execute Pre/Post Inspection along with relevant
* Verify/Source information integrity through authorized
* Administrative Support
* Communications: Fluency in All Voice, Electronic, & Hardcopy
Mediums to Accomplish Assigned & Indicated Goals (including
* Due Diligence on Supply Contracts - Relevant to RSA (Beverage,
* Inventory & Consumption Tracking
* Issue/Assignment to Personnel (Under Direction)
* Realtime Fielding of M-Drive & Connect
* Corresponding Physical Organization of Hardcopy On-Site
* Realtime Maintenance & Monitoring of Management & Community
* Physical Plant
* Administrative Support to Engineering as directed by GM/ACM
* Interface with Vendors & Residents/Members on behalf of
Engineering as directed by GM
* Conduct walkthroughs as agreed with GM and Front Desk
* Assist GM / Front Desk Supervisor in any administrative duties as
* Maintain an organized workspace according to company
* Complete company training as assigned, attend all mandatory
company functions and adhere to company's Standards of
* Make timekeeping entries each day in accordance with company
* Other duties may apply.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and consistently meet
- Exhibit professionalism, maintain professional attire and
demeanor at all times.
- Maintain reliable transportation and valid driver's license.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills consisting of verbal,
written and listening skills.
- Demonstrates problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to draft correspondence and respond to inquiries and
client concerns effectively and independently.
- Must be proficient with computer programs needed for specific
position including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
and internal software - Connect, Jenark, etc. .
- Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to independently
prioritize daily workload.
- Must have minimum typing speed of 40 WPM.
- Must work effectively with co-workers, customers and others by
sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to
and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others;
keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress,
timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues
constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business
solutions; addressing others by name, title or other respectful
identifier, and; respecting the diversity of our workforce in
actions, words and deeds.
*EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE*
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Proficient in English
Other languages helpful
Strong general math skills.
- Ability to determine next level involvement for problem
- Must demonstrate good judgment and critical thinking skills
- Ability to think and work independently as well as part of a
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and deadlines, as well
as work independently and prioritize time effectively.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems creatively.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid California Driver's License and State Mandated Vehicle
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
- enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Must be mobile enough to move about the facilities, including up
and down stairs, parks and recreational areas and navigate uneven
- Must be mobile enough to move around during outside events, stand
for long periods of time and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard.
- Must effectively communicate and interact with clients, vendors,
co-workers and supervisors.
- Must be able to transcribe dictation.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work environment characteristics are normal office
conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Full time & part time position. Schedule may change based on
business needs and may include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
The work schedule of this position will require daily or weekly
overtime hours, as approved by supervisor. Consistent and regular
FirstService Residential is North America's foremost property
management firm. Our dedication, responsiveness and integrity are
why thousands of communities across the U.S. and Canada choose
FirstService Residential to manage their properties. We have
expertise working with complex communities with large budgets and
numerous amenities. In addition, we manage commercial associations
and mixed-use developments, as well as multi-family and
investor-owned rental and REO properties for institutional and
private equity clients.
We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're
looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to
doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building
great relationships and truly making a difference for their
clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, apply
today or join our community and learn more about FirstService
To learn more about our company and culture, please visit
FirstService Residential is an equal opportunity employer committed
to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and
state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but
not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $24.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Morning shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Rotating weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Glendale, CA 91210: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: FirstService Residential, Glendale , Front Desk Associate, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!