AOR Family Reunification Intern
Company: International Rescue Committee
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Requisition ID: req35105Job Title: AOR Family Reunification
InternEmployment Category: InternEmployment Type:
Part-TimeCompensation: USD 0.00 - 0.00 HourlyLocation: Phoenix, AZ
SCOPE OF WORK: The R&P Family Reunification Intern assists the
Family Reunification Specialist in the coordination of Affidavit of
Relationship (AOR) applications within the Reception and Placement
(R&P) program. The intern will primarily assist in outreach to
refugee clients, ethnic community-based organizations, and
religious communities to provide information on the newly expanded
AOR program. The intern will assist in the collection of supporting
application documentation and client follow up in order to ensure
applications are complete for submission to IRC headquarters.
- Perform outreach and communicate program eligibility and
requirements to clients.
- Collect information and documentation from clients in order to
assist Family Reunification Specialist with applications on their
- Assist in tracking applications and answer client questions as
- Other duties as assigned. LEARNING OUTCOMES: Achieve an
understanding of the nuanced eligibility requirements for P3 AORs,
P2 CAM AORs, Former Soviet Union and Iranian Lautenberg programs
and be able to convey them to the immigrant community.
- Ability to obtain an AZ Level One Fingerprint Clearance
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Interest in immigration, international studies, or social
- Computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office and
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to
communicate effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Solid diplomatic and networking skills; ability to effectively
manage a variety of internal and external relationships.
- Multi-cultural sensitivity and ability to work as a member of a
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to juggle
multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time, and meet
deadlines; strong attention to detail.
- Fluency in English required
- Russian/Ukrainian/Spanish speaking and reading ability strongly
preferred. Other languages welcomed.Note: This is an unpaid
internship. Intern must commit to at least 10-15 hours per week for
a 3-month minimum. Internship hours are completed between Monday
and Friday from 9:00 AM-5:00 PMThis position reports to the Family
Reunification Specialist IRC leading the way from harm to home. IRC
is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on
the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national
origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status or disability Apply NowShare Save Job
Keywords: International Rescue Committee, Glendale , AOR Family Reunification Intern, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!