DreamWorks Feature - Lighter
Company: DreamWorks Animation
Posted on: November 24, 2022
DreamWorks Animation is looking for more adventurous dreamers who
shoot for the moon. We tell stories about the journeys our
unconventional heroes take to make dreams come true. As a
growth-minded studio, we pride ourselves on being one of the
world's leading producers of high-quality, award-winning, animated
films and series, reaching consumers around the globe. We push to
feel more, laugh more, and build immersive new worlds.
DreamWorks creates a diverse array of original content in a variety
of formats, delivering compelling stories with unique characters.
We place tremendous value on the experiences our talent brings to
the table from their own non-traditional paths to success. We
believe in frequent communication and that transparency and trust
yield the best work. We are a community of artists, technologists,
innovators, and creators, who are passionate about animation and
also happen to love eating lunch together.
The Lighter is responsible for all aspects of lighting and
compositing of shots under the direction of a CG Supervisor.
If you are part of the fandom and believe teamwork makes the dream
work, join us in #livingthedream and #doingyourdreamwork!
"What would you say you do here?"
- Works closely with CG Supervisor and Lead Lighter to achieve
the visual target for assigned shots and address all lighting
- Optimizes shots for rendering.
- Works well with others and fosters a good working
- Troubleshoots creative and technical issues as they arise.
- Responsible for taking shots to completion.
- As needed, organizes and documents any lighting tools, scripts,
- Collaborates with other departments for timely integration of
elements into assigned shots.
- Manages individual shot load based on the schedule to meet
- May help facilitate visual development. This can include
working with surfacing, setting materials or shader
- Attends dailies and lighting launches as required.
- Responsible for informing CG Supervisor of any shot
- Assists with interviews, as required.
- Participates in the testing of new technologies as
"What do I need to have in order to do this job?"
- Bachelor's Degree in Art, Film, Visual Effects, Animation,
Computer Graphics or other related fields and/or equivalent
- Experience with lighting and rendering.
- Knowledge of cinematic principles.
"What can I offer?"
- Experience with ray tracing and lighting software such as Nuke,
Katana, and/or Houdini.
- Experience with compositing.
- Experience in feature animation.
- Proven track record of successful collaboration within a
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proactive and creative problem solver.
Salary Range: $78,312 - $110,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities
to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age,
national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual
orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership
in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis
protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for
employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of
Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation
if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access
nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request
reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and
in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Keywords: DreamWorks Animation, Glendale , DreamWorks Feature - Lighter, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!