Company: Comprehensive Community Health Centers
Posted on: November 23, 2022
JOB SUMMARY Under the direction of the VP of Quality and Clinical
Programs and in coordination with the Chief Operations Officer,
functions as the Nurse Administrator, performing outlined duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Able to perform both onboarding and annual M.A. and L.V.N.
skills assessment/competency trainings, writes reports and makes
recommendations for additional training or probation if indicated
to the immediate supervisor.
- Proficient in existing workflows in back office work. Provides
recommendations and adapts/assists with the implementation of new
workflows as directed.
- Periodically and or as needed basis, updates Medical
Assistant's Binder, as directed
- Will assist Clinic Manager/Administrator in the process of
evaluating Back Office Lead's Annual Performance
- Provides direct hands on training (site to site) on the
clinical floor to both new and existing M.A.s as needed. Training
consists of, but is not limited to, appropriate workflows,
processes, documentation practices and clinical care.
- Provides feedback regarding quality assurance and improvement
and works to meet objectives in relation to CCHC's strategic plan
and its clinical, operational and administrative goals.
- Provides nursing services including: medications and injections
to patients as directed by the providers; immunizations; referrals
to other providers and community health resources; and health
instruction to patients or following examinations as needed.
- Monitors/oversees patient flow and assists M.A.s in preparation
of examination rooms, preparation of patients for specific exam.
Oversees distribution of tasks and promotes teamwork in delivery of
- Participates in general and medical staff meetings when
required. Participates in QI and Operations meeting and other
meetings when indicated.
- As directed, assists on matters relating to nursing practice
and participates in development of policies and protocols for
patients care. Participates in Health Plan audits and other audits
- Promotes teamwork towards achieving CCHC clinical measures and
works towards reaching targets.
- Identifies relevant quality-related support staff training
- Alongside the corresponding departments, assists in the
implementation of Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) as needed.
Addresses all medication errors and errors in specimen handling
etc. with the Clinic Leadership and/or MA at the clinic site.
- Coordinates implementation of QC protocols at each clinic site
with lead M.A. or L.V.N.
- Works with corresponding roles and departments to achieve
desired provider and support staff quality care goals.
- Proficient in clinical and operational aspects of care in all
areas of primary care, including but not limited to, Family
Practice, Pediatrics, OB/ GYN, Behavioral Health, Podiatry and
- As needed, assists HR in the recruiting, initial training and
retention of M.A.'s and LVN's.
- Works alongside clinics and administrative departments (e.g.,
Operations Department, QI Department, IT, Billing, Outreach, etc.)
in order to achieve organizational qualitative, operational and
- Assess, and as indicated, assist with PCMH deliverables.
- Review and as indicated, assist with any incident reports
related to MA's performance and skills level.
- Oversee the Vaccine Program for all sites, VFC, VFA, county,
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduated from an approved nursing program
- Possession of a valid LVN (Licensed Vocational Nurse
California) or RN (Registered Nurse California) license.
- Preferably two or more years of nursing experience in an
outpatient clinic with responsibility in administration.
- Experience in patient workflows and nurse triage
- Minimum two years managerial experience desired KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to find solutions when barriers are identified.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize when needed.
- Ability to independently seek out resources and work
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written
- Experience and work ethics that supports working within a high
functioning, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to work under
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with
- Ability to use computer and learn new software programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills reflecting clarity and diplomacy
and the ability to communicate accurately and effectively with all
levels of staff and management.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a regulatory climate that
includes oversight of state and federal entities, payer contracts
- Possesses ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and
- Possesses strong and professional communication skills, both
verbal and writing
- Possesses genuine respect for others and acceptance of their
individual social and cultural traits.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
- Able to travel and attend professional meetings, conferences,
trainings and clinic sites.
- Demonstrate flexibility, enthusiasm, and willingness to
cooperate while working with others in multi-disciplinary
- Performs other related duties as assigned. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Position requires prolonged sitting at a computer, some bending,
lifting, stooping and stretching. Good eye-hand coordination and
manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard,
photocopy machine, telephone, and other office equipment is also
required. Employee must have normal range of hearing and eyesight.
NOTE: The essential job functions for this position include, but
may not be limited to those listed in this job description.
Employees hired for this position must be able to perform the
essential functions of this job without imposing significant risk
of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others
Keywords: Comprehensive Community Health Centers, Glendale , NURSE ADMINSTRATOR, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!