Sr Specialist Electrical & Automation Engineer
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes
your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that
changes lives, Nestle is the place for you. Nestle USA is one of
seven operating companies that make up Nestle's presence in the
United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading
food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver
quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local
communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We're determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow
than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our
entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where
collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected,
and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day.
Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance
your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and
beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers,
but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Nestle is looking for a Sr. Electrical and Automation (E&A)
Specialist for Filling and Packaging Lines in their new factory in
Glendale, AZ. This position requires creativity, experience, and
the ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts. The Sr.
E&A Specialist must have proper expertise and knowledge to
integrate power switch gear, automation components, transformers,
and branch circuit protection with motors, valves, filters, and
sensors into a high-quality system. The focus of the role will be
supporting all phases of a project, including concept and research;
estimating cost; component selection; network design; panel design;
layout; purchasing; device troubleshooting; PLC programming; HMI
tagging; and FAT support. You will be responsible for working with
the Nestle team, and the vendors to hit the project timeline for a
successful startup of the factory.
The following are the job responsibilities that will be
- Review User Requirement Specification (URS) and make the
necessary Electrical and Automation recommendations based on Nestle
- Develop scope of work according to Nestle guidelines and review
the bids accordingly.
- Develop necessary timeline and schedule to keep track of
milestones, parts ordered, and vendor commitments.
- Review/Build electrical design using AUTOCAD according to
- Review/Create electrical schematics along with necessary
electrical calculations and SISTEMA documentation.
- Review/ Build Pneumatic Designs needed for the
- Review/Build control design and MCC designs with vendors and
make sure Nestle standards are being followed.
- Bill of Materials (BOM) - Review/Create the BOM using the
electrical and pneumatic schematics and keep track of the materials
- Review/Build Process control Descriptions (PCD) and Functional
Design Specifications (FDS) for various equipment and machines as
- Review/Create PLC tagging using Nestle S88 document.
- Review/Design PLC program in Rockwell Studio 5000 and Siemens
TIA where necessary and making sure NEAT toolbox 7 is followed
- Create/Review communication exchange signals between
- Create checklist for FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) and SAT
(Site Acceptance Test) according to Nestle guidelines.
- Review/Build HMI screens using Wonderware Software and NEAT 7.0
- Create a simulation plan to review various functionality of
SCADA like recipe management, product routes, and CIP
- Review and work with vendors to make sure the HMI screens and
SCADA controls are intuitive. Work with operations team to achieve
- Work with cross functional teams and develop action plans to
facilitate E&A objectives for the factory.
- Recommend and drive actions to build smart and cohesive systems
for seamless integration with other systems.
- Participate and lead standardization, cost savings, and
manufacturing process improvement initiatives.
- Streamline engineering processes by creating Standard Operation
- Providing support to process control and process monitoring
equipment software design, commissioning, testing, and corrective
Education & Experience:
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in electrical or Controls/Automation or
mechatronics engineering roles required.
- Experience in food and beverage industry is preferred.
- CAD proficiency: AutoCAD
- Expertise in drafting electrical schematics with power and
- Experience programming and troubleshooting PLC ladder logic,
structured text, and function blocks using Studio 5000 is
- Experience in SCADA and HMI programming using Wonderware
software is required.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Windows and all Microsoft Office
- Trained in industry standards like OSHA and UL
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the
forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestle. The
skills you've gained while serving our country, such as
flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that
will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our
commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the
exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with
disabilities. Nestle seeks such skilled and qualified individuals
to share our mission where you'll join a cohort of others who have
chosen to call Nestle home.
The Nestle Companies are an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified
applicants for employment. All applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity,
color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin,
ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition,
genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any
other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the
next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us
confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in
order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact
us at email@example.com or please dial 711 and provide this
number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Keywords: Nestle, Glendale , Sr Specialist Electrical & Automation Engineer, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!