Senior Systems Nuclear Effects Engineer - Space Engineering
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of
breakthroughsThe future is what you make it. - -When you join
Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers,
innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the
future. -That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an
eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making
it possible to breathe on Mars. -Working at Honeywell isn't just
about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy
access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and
industries. - -Are you ready to help us make the future?
-Honeywell's Space program in Glendale has an exciting opportunity
for a Senior Systems Engineer. You will be supporting the
development of precision navigation and timing products, and
ensuring survivability in -the on-orbit environment. -This includes
all phases of product development from initial architecture and
development of interfaces and component requirements thru design,
testing and verification, on to production support. -Some products
may require operational support and on-orbit anomaly resolution.
-Tasks will include characterization of space environment impacts
on system performance, testing and selecting parts, and evaluation
of alternative designs for optimum robustness and performance. -
- Determine and specify space environments for systems,
subsystems and components.
- Understand space environment interactions with spacecraft
components and materials.
- Perform analysis and modeling of designs against expected
environments to verify robustness.
- Assist with requirements analysis and parts selection
recommendations (eg. SCD's, PAR's).
- Apply understanding of Total Ionizing Dose, Displacement
Damage, and Single Event Effects
- Plan and execute component testing for TID, SEE, DD, Prompt
Dose (Flash X-ray).
- Prepare test reports, present results and achieve customer
approvals. -YOU MUST HAVE
-Bachelor's degree in engineering5+
years of aerospace systems engineering experience.Must be a US
citizen due to ITAR -WE VALUE
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical, Aerospace or Nuclear
- This includes performing Radiation Analysis, and majority of
the following: TID, LDRS, DDD, SEE, SEU, SEL, SEB/SEGR, SET,
- Experience in planning and execution of RLAT, SEE, and FXR
tests on components and subsystems
- Experience in using one or more radiation transport analysis
(eg. GEANT4, MCNPX, NOVICE) or radiation effects testing
- Knowledge/experience in the effects of UV and atomic oxygen on
materials and components
- Experience in analysis, control and mitigation for spacecraft
- Understanding of NWE and how to interpret/mitigate, i.e. PD
upset/transient/latch up/burnout, SGEMP, IEMP, and fission
- RF domain knowledge
- Experience in design and/or analysis of digital and analog
- Knowledge/experience in the effects of radiation on materials
and componentsESCLW0609Additional Information
JOB ID: req348163Category:
EngineeringLocation: 19019 N. 59th,Glendale,Arizona,85308,United
StatesExemptMust be a US Citizen due to contractual
requirements.Engineering (GLOBAL)Honeywell is an equal opportunity
employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to
age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Keywords: Honeywell, Glendale , Senior Systems Nuclear Effects Engineer - Space Engineering, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!