Data Governance Engineer - Remote
Company: CSAA Insurance Group
Posted on: September 23, 2022
CSAA Insurance Group (CSAA IG), a AAA insurer, is one of the top
personal lines property and casualty insurance groups in the U.S.
Our employees proudly live our core beliefs and fulfill our
enduring purpose to help members prevent, prepare for and recover
from life's uncertainties, and we're proud of the culture we create
together. As we commit to progress over perfection, we recognize
that every day is an opportunity to be innovative and adaptable. At
CSAA IG, we hire good people for a brighter tomorrow. We are
actively hiring for a Data Governance Engineer. Join us and support
CSAA IG in achieving our goals. - Your Role Responsible for
development and delivery of software in support of business
capabilities and the foundational needs of the overall solution.
Provides technical expertise and mastery to deliver high-quality
software and employs software engineering methods in the delivery
of the same. Responsible for achieving high degrees of automation
using well established DevOps and Agile practices working with
Product managers, business stakeholders and other technology
practitioners (Software Engineers, QA Engineers, Technical
Analysts, as well as Solution Architects) Your Work
- Provide technical analysis, design, code, and automation in
support of program and project work you're doing using data
governance technologies (data catalogs, data dictionary, data
quality, business glossary etc.).
- Participate in design sessions, implementation plans, and
resolve technical issues as needed.
- Responsible for platform configuration and extension based on
Enterprise Architecture Guidelines (performance, extensible, API
- Coordinates, schedules, installs, and tests hardware and
- Develops testing and implementation plans.
- Works with other engineers to plan installations and upgrades
and ensure subsequent maintenance in accordance with established IT
policies and procedures.
- Monitor's system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Collaborate with business teams by providing technical input to
Data Governance policies, standards and processes related to data,
access, and security (privacy & protection) of sensitive data.
- Work closely with application/platform/governance teams to
create onboarding and intake documentation and definitions as
- Helps in ensuring that Data Governance policies and procedures
are adhered to for onboarding data subject areas with clear data
classification and data ownership.
- Helps in ensuring controls are in place for access and security
for IT managed and self-service environments.
- Supports the SLAs for Service/Incident tickets where
- Participating in repeatable processes and systems to support
Audit and GRC adherence requests.
- Participate in the creation and delivery of the Data Governance
- Participate in evaluating and recommending 3rd party
technologies that advance the Data Governance roadmap.
- Identify areas of continuous improvement and automation.
- Deliver software in an Agile (Scrum/Kanban etc.) framework
setting. What would make us excited about you - -
- 3+ years in IT working in multiple system environments
- Understanding of enterprise data governance technologies and
- Ability to implement platform upgrades and migrations
- Knowledge of basic ITIL framework and processes
- Bachelor's degree in related area (Computer Science,
Information Systems, or related technical discipline) or an
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Shows respect for differences through excellent communication
skills with people from an array of backgrounds.
- Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job.
But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a
'perfect' candidate. CSAA IG is a place where everyone can grow.
So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with
you, please apply if you meet most of the requirements (not all)
and this is a role that would make you excited to come to work
every day. CSAA IG Careers - - - At CSAA IG, we're proudly devoted
to protecting our customers, our employees, our communities, and
the world at large. We are on a climate journey to continue to do
better for our people, our business, and our planet. Taking bold
action and leading by example. We are citizens for a changing
world, and we continually change to meet it. - - Join us if you---
- BELIEVE in a mission focused on building a community of
service, rooted in inclusion and belonging. -
- COMMIT to being there for our customers and employees. -
- CREATE a sense of purpose that serves the greater good through
innovation.--- - - Recognition: We offer a total compensation
package, performance bonus, 401(k) with a company match, and so
much more!------Read more about what we offer and what it is like
to be a part of our dynamic team at: Benefits (aaa.com)--- - In
most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred
working location from the following options when you join CSAA IG:
remote, hybrid, or in-person. Submit your application to be
considered. We communicate via email, so check your inbox and/or
your spam folder to ensure you don't miss important updates from
us. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the
job application or interview process, please contact
TalentAcquisition@csaa.com. - - As part of our values, we are
committed to supporting inclusion and diversity at CSAA IG. We
actively celebrate colleagues' different abilities, sexual
orientation, ethnicity, and gender. Everyone is welcome and
supported in their development at all stages in their journey with
us. - We are always recruiting, retaining, and promoting a diverse
mix of colleagues who are representative of the U.S. workforce. The
diversity of our team fosters a broad range of ideas and enables us
to design and deliver a wide array of products to meet customers'
evolving needs. - CSAA Insurance Group is an equal opportunity
employer.------ - The national average salary range for this
position is 119,250 to 132,500. --- However, we have a
location-based compensation structure. Our salary ranges vary and
are calculated based on county of residence. The full salary range
for this position across all the states we hire in is $107,325 to
$143,280. This role also includes an opportunity for a company-wide
annual discretionary bonus, through our Annual Incentive Plan
(AIP), of up to 10% of eligible pay. - If you apply and are
selected to continue in the recruiting process, we will schedule a
preliminary call with you to discuss the role and will disclose
during that call the available salary/hourly rate range based on
your location. Factors used to determine the actual salary offered
may include location, experience, or education. - #HP_RX #LI-PD1
Keywords: CSAA Insurance Group, Glendale , Data Governance Engineer - Remote, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!