Customer Support Representative
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Purpose of JobLet's do something that really matters.
We have an important mission: serving the members of the military
community and their families. It's both a chance to say thank you
and the opportunity to put your talents to work in a meaningful
way. To do it right, we need the right people. We're looking for
those who share our values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and
service. Because what we do is just as important as how we do it.
Come be a part of what makes us so special!
It is all about learning and growing.
Our Insurance Customer Service role may be a new career for you,
but the journey is mapped out. There's a lot to learn. Our
comprehensive, fully paid three-month training program including
class discussions, hands-on training, e-learning modules, and the
instructor led guidance will help you to support our membership
Our in-office development program provides the training you need
and the encouragement to create a proactive and independent support
style to service our membership. After six months in-office, you'll
have the opportunity to work in a hybrid model where you can work
from home 2-3 days a week.Job RequirementsWe are currently seeking
dedicated insurance professionals to work in our Phoenix office for
future insurance sales and service opportunities in 2022. Work
schedules times will vary and may include some weekends. Military
veterans and spouses are highly encouraged to apply.As an Insurance
Sales & Service Representative, you will work within defined
guidelines, to provide customer service, sales, and retention
activities for multiple USAA's Property & Casualty personal line
products. You will interact with our members across multiple
contact channels (i.e. inbound and/or outbound phone calls, email,
chat, social media, etc.) to provide adequate coverage and advice
to help ensure members' financial security.Primary
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Facilitates the Property & Casualty (P&C) member experience
by answering inbound and/or outbound phone calls, emails, and/or
other contacts from members.
- Applies proficient knowledge of personal lines insurance to
assist members with moderately complex quotes, binding new
business, rating, policy, billing, payment, underwriting, contract
and coverage provisions, and premium changes for insurance products
and services. Responsible for the respective trailing documents for
all states and/or international requirements and offerings.
- Identifies, assesses and understands member needs and
consistently provides complete and accurate advice and solutions,
including products and services. Provides thorough issue diagnosis
while minimizing transfers, escalations and call backs.
- Uses the tools and resources available to support members with
- Effectively operates in a contact center environment and
navigates multiple systems/programs while maintaining an engaging
member interaction that occurs across multiple channels.
- Required maintenance of Property & Casualty (P&C) license
and state registrations.Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 1 year of customer service experience in insurance, financial
services and/or relevant direct customer service and/or sales
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) license and
state registrations before date of hire
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build rapport
with prospective and existing members
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, including navigating
through multiple business applications
- Ability to apply knowledge and understanding of insurance
regulatory and compliance requirements
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be
- 1+ years of selling experience to include frequent (e.g.,
daily) communications with customers via telephone, e-mail and/or
- Experience in a fast-paced contact center environment
- US military service or military spouseCompensation: USAA has an
effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges
to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary
range based on your experience and market position. The hiring
range for this position is: $45,760.00 - $48,260.00.Employees may
be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and
individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors.Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.Shift
premium: Addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that
are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits: At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit Relocation
assistance is not available for this position.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment is
Keywords: USAA, Glendale , Customer Support Representative, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!