Company: Comprehensive Community Health Centers Inc.
Posted on: May 15, 2022
JOB SUMMARYCare Coordinator will coordinate care for patients
through outreach, the authorization process, follow up, scheduling
of appointments, and health education.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Support telephonic outreach to patients.
- Generate reports from multiple systems.
- Work assigned cases (outreach to patients, educate patients,
coordinate services, schedule patient visits etc.).
- Answer incoming calls.
- Understand the requirements of the caller and provide precise
information, triage appropriately.
- Use questioning and listening skills that support effective
- Use an effective approach to handle special telephone tasks
like call transfers, taking/sending messages, call interruptions,
holds, and unintentional disconnects.
- Understand the impact of attitude in handling calls
- Be courteous and conscientious of call queue at all times.
- Support excellent customer service philosophy.
- Schedule new patient and follow up visit appropriately.
- Submit and/or follow-up on authorizations.
- Eligibility verification and reconciliation.
- Coordinate with clinic and clinical staff as needed.
- Stays in compliance with all HIPAA regulations.
- Good understanding of medical terminology.
- Maintain daily, positive communication with other
- Encourage a cooperative, team approach to interdepartmental
- Assist other departments as appropriate.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Perform other duties, as assigned..
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Medical Assistant Certificate preferred, or equivalent
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a medical office
- Must be bilingual Spanish or ArmenianKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Ability to find solutions when barriers are identified.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize when needed.
- Ability to independently seek out resources and work
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written
- Experience and work ethics that supports working within a high
functioning, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to work under
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with
- Ability to use computer and learn new software programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills reflecting clarity and diplomacy
and the ability to communicate accurately and effectively with all
levels of staff and management.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a regulatory climate that
includes oversight of state and federal entities, payer contracts
- Possesses ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and
- Possesses genuine respect for others and acceptance of their
individual social and cultural traits.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
- Able to travel and attend professional meetings, conferences,
trainings and clinic sites.
- Demonstrate flexibility, enthusiasm, and willingness to
cooperate while working with others in multi-disciplinary
- Performs other related duties as assigned.PHYSICAL
DEMANDSPosition requires prolonged sitting at a computer, some
bending, lifting, stooping and stretching. Good eye-hand
coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer
keyboard, photocopy machine, telephone, and other office equipment
is also required. Employee must have normal range of hearing and
eyesight.NOTE: The essential job functions for this position
include, but may not be limited to those listed in this job
description. Employees hired for this position must be able to
perform the essential functions of this job without imposing
significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of
themselves or others.PI177037713
Keywords: Comprehensive Community Health Centers Inc., Glendale , CARE COORDINATOR, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!