Front Desk Clerk
Company: Maricopa Community College District
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Front Desk Clerk
Job ID: 315913
Location: Glendale Community College
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Not Eligible for Benefits
This is a part-time, temporary position not eligible for
Up to 19.5 hours a week
Monday through Fridays
Are you looking for a place to work where you can make a real
difference in the lives of over 200,000 college students every
Would you like to be part of an organization that adds $7.2 billion
dollars to the economy and supports nearly 100,000 jobs in the
fastest growing county in the United States?
Whether you're teaching, working, or learning Make It Happen At
Maricopa County Community Colleges!
- Many of our campuses have received grant awards through the to
improve undergraduate STEM Education: Hispanic-Serving institutions
program (HSI Program).
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and employee groups
to create an environment of shared governance
- One of the largest community college systems in the
- 2020 Healthy Arizona Worksites Program recipient
- Named 19th Best Employer for Women by Forbes
- 2019 No. 42 in Arizona's Best Employers
Employees are cross trained to assist students, faculty, and
community members, providing general clerical assistance,
including: answering phones and greeting/directing student and
customer traffic at the Center for Learning
In order to qualify for a Federal Work-Study (FWS) job, a FAFSA
(Free Application for Federal Student Aid) must be on file for the
current award year and have eligible financial needs based on the
college requirements. Please "
target="_blank"> contact the Office of Financial Aid for more
information prior to applying to a Federal Work-Study job.
- FWS is a need-based, federally funded program.
- FWS requires the completion of a Free Application for Federal
Student Aid (FAFSA), and confirmation of federal work-study
eligibility as determined by the financial aid office.
- FWS does not directly pay for tuition, and funds are only
available to eligible students attending a minimum of six (6)
degree applicable hours in a federal student aid eligible
- The FWS award amount is based on your FAFSA results and college
funding availability, which will determine the number of hours
available to work while supporting the students academic
- For more detailed information, please go to the "
target="_blank"> Department of Education's Federal Work-Study
- Provides reception duties; greets visitors and answers routine
questions; receives and refers calls; takes and relays messages;
may serve as central point for telephone contact
- Assists students and the general public by answering questions,
providing schedule information and directions to other areas on
- Adheres to applicable policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must qualify for Federal Work Study
- Experience providing effective and courteous customer
- Experience performing basic clerical duties such as typing,
filing and answering phones
- Basic knowledge of Google Meet, Google Drive (sheets, docs,
slides, forms, calendar) and Gmail
- Effective written communication skills
- Knowledgeable in maintaining highly confidential materials
- Ability to maintain accurate records
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to .
Please ensure your resume and cover letter provide the following
- Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and
education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this
- Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07
to 10/11) including job title, job duties, indicate full or part
time experience for each position held and name of employer for
- Three professional references, preferably current and/or former
supervisors. If references are not provided in the resume upon
application, they will be requested at time of interview.
Posting Close Date
Open until filled
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not
discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or
education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse),
age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: "No person in
the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from
participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to
discrimination under any education program or activity receiving
Federal financial assistance."
The policy of the MCCCD is to provide an educational, employment,
and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents
of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX
Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is
available at this link .
The Clery Act is a Federal law requiring United States Colleges and
Universities to disclose information about crime on and around
their campuses. Crime reporting data for each of the Maricopa
Community Colleges, as required under the Clery Act, is available
at this link
To apply, visit
Information ClerksEducationHigh School or EquivalentJob typeFull
Keywords: Maricopa Community College District, Glendale , Front Desk Clerk, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!