Scientific Research Writer
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 10, 2021
The Scientific Research Writer is a key member of the Research team
responsible for providing high-level guidance and support to
researchers on scientific writing and grantsmanship expertise in
all phases of the research writing process, including assistance in
coordination and preparation of grants, concept papers, and
manuscripts. The Scientific Research Writer specializes in
substantive scientific and technical editing, stylistic and content
editing, rewriting, formatting, editing and proofreading
manuscripts for publication, internal and external grant proposals
and study protocols. This includes critical review of the text for
clarity, persuasiveness and comprehensive presentation. The primary
emphasis of the writer is on reading, reviewing, analyzing and
providing theoretical guidance for grant proposals and original
manuscripts for scientists and clinicians.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Editing, Formatting Revision and Style
- Provides content editing, formatting, and revision of grant
proposals, manuscripts, abstracts and posters for submission to
grant funders, scientific organizations and other professional
groups. Revises text using consistent stylistic format to ensure
clarity, cohesion, and flow of material.
- Project Planning
- Assists researchers in research project planning to facilitate
research concept and hypothesis development, and in the preparation
of the scientific and technical components of research proposals to
enable detailed protocol development.
- Literature Summaries
- Engages in literature search, retrieval and preparation of
literature summaries for a variety of research topics to assist
- Manuscript Resubmissions
- Assists in drafting responses to reviewers' comments and
criticisms when manuscripts need to be resubmitted.
- Meeting Attendance
- Attends meetings with investigators to gain insights into
- Investigator Referrals
- Facilitates and coordinates investigator referrals for ongoing
research proposal or study services to include statistical support,
budget development and clinical research support.
- Grant Proposals
- Assists in the preparation of grant related documents such as
resource and facilities overviews, bibliographies, concept papers,
regulatory paperwork, papers and presentations. Works closely with
Principal Investigator(s) to develop, present, and bring to final
submission high quality, large, multi-disciplinary, and
multi-collaborative grant proposals.
- Project Management
- Delivers on multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously,
meeting deadlines, quality measures and budgets. Helps maintain
project management database for the team, including inputting
projects, notes, deadlines and deliverables.
- Assists in tracking, identifying and obtaining potential
sources of funding and match appropriate investigators as they are
announced to enable financial support of research.
- Maintaining Competencies
- Attends scientific seminars pertaining to research interests of
Phoenix Children`s clinicians and scientists to identify and secure
new opportunities. Reviews and meets ongoing competency
requirements of the role to maintain the skills, knowledge and
abilities to perform, within scope, role specific functions.
- Essential Functions
- Regular attendance is required in order to carry out the
essential functions of the position.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Glendale , Scientific Research Writer, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!