Billing Customer Svc Coord
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 10, 2021
This position is responsible for daily activities associated with
escalated patient billing disputes and concerns. Coordinates with
internal departments, guarantors, vendors, bad debt agencies and
payors for both provider and facility charges. This includes
monitoring potential system issues, trends in collections and
billing processes, facilitating knowledge building with front end
staff and assisting them with questions associated with patient
billing. Identifies billing errors, trends and facilitates correct
billing to patients. Communication is by phone (answering inbound
lines and returning calls), email, mail, fax and referral from
internal departments and vendors
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Participates in relationship management activities with
guarantors, vendors and internal departments. Ability to
communicate clearly to identify issues and concerns - using active
listening to understand the root cause. Investigates, through
coordination with other areas involved in the scheduling of
services, providing the services, coding, processing the claim and
final billing. Makes recommendations for any adjustments to
outstanding bills and upon approval submits for processing.
Communicates findings to internal areas and/or to the guarantor
directly - communication is on incoming/outgoing phone lines,
email, fax, mail and occasionally in person.
- Promptly acts on escalated issues identifies, investigates and
coordinates any billing corrections. Communicates with early out
vendor, bad debt vendor, legal representatives, risk management and
guarantor as appropriate. Identifies process and service issues and
communicates with Management to support process improvements.
- Monitors billing transactions to help ensure the integrity and
accuracy of the revenue cycle. Reconciles patient accounts ensuring
accuracy and ease of understanding for guarantor or authorized
third party. Communicates with and educates responsible party on
nature of billing and options for payment, including types of
payment, payment plan, financial assistance processing and prompt
pay options. (Processes financial assistance applications, prompt
pay discounts, payment plan agreements, bankruptcy notifications,
insurance updates, requests for itemized bills, etc.) Completes
reconciliation of accounts assigned to vendors.
- Meets or exceeds timeliness and accuracy expectations on a
- Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational
programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Glendale , Billing Customer Svc Coord, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!