Therapeutic Care Technician
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 6, 2021
Posting Note: **IP-Psych and ED Openings
available-Full-time, part-time day and night shifts available**
This position provides individual and group age appropriate
developmental and psychosocial supervision, support, and treatment
consistent with established objectives, including crisis
management, group facilitation, use of trauma informed care and use
of behavioral management and modification procedures to facilitate
achievement of desired treatment outcomes.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Therapeutic interactions
- Assists the physician, RN, Social Worker and other treatment
team members in decision-making to ensure complete and appropriate
information is shared.
- Identifies and reports any pertinent behavioral, medical,
and/or psychosocial data to the physician, RN, and/or Social
- Provides continuous therapeutic care and observation to
patients in their daily routines, including meals, school sessions,
social and education groups, and activities of daily living to
assist in achievement of established treatment plan outcomes for
modification of behavior.
- Assists in the education of parents regarding
behavioral/emotional techniques and support.
- Implements behavior management protocols in a safe, and
- Responds to crisis situations appropriately, effectively, and
calmly to ensure ongoing safety of patients and others.
- Serves as positive role model by establishing maintaining
positive, therapeutic relationships and appropriate boundaries with
patients and their guardians.
- Creates and maintains a safe and therapeutic environment.
- Completes vital sign monitoring per policy.
- Be a sitter for patients needing 1:1 supervision both on the
unit and across the hospital for medical or behavioral
- 11. Maintain confidentiality.
- Group facilitation
- Plans, organizes, and leads skills-based groups related to
social skills, coping skills, self-esteem, relaxation, creative
expression, and cooperative play.
- Plans activities that are appropriate for the developmental
level of the participants and promotes participation by each
- Demonstrates effective group management by dealing with problem
behaviors promptly, and recognizing and rewarding positive
participation and behaviors.
- Assists in the transport of patients to off-unit activities
maintaining safety, order, and direction.
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills by adjusting the pace
of the group in response to the participants needs.
- Documents patient progress, functioning, and interventions in
the appropriate charting format.
- Documents unusual occurrences, accidents and incidents in the
appropriate reporting format.
- Actively participates as a member of the multi-disciplinary
treatment team to develop and employ a total patient care program
by consistently attending and contributing to multi-disciplinary
staffing and team meetings.
- Influences coworkers in a positive direction.
- Participates in cooperative efforts by contributing to
discussions, listening to others' ideas, and supporting group
- Accepts any challenges within the hospital and/or unit as a
- Respects differing viewpoints even when in conflict with their
- Shares complete and unbiased information in an open and
- Supervision/staff development
- Provides guidance, mentoring, and direction as appropriate for
ongoing staff development.
- Provides work assignments and indirect supervision to program
- Receives close clinical supervision from behavioral health
providers qualified to ensure ongoing knowledge, skills, and
- Participates in unit based and hospital sponsored educational
programs to maintain skills and competencies.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Glendale , Therapeutic Care Technician, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!