Network Specialist - Clinical Engineering
Company: Dignity Health
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Dignity Health, one of the nation's largest health care systems,
is a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 63,000
employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and
occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and
primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity
Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and
affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor
and underserved. In FY17, Dignity Health provided $2.6 billion in
charity care, community benefit, and unpaid cost of government
programs. For more information, please visit our website at
NOTE: This position will support the Medical Foundation Clinics
within the Market.
The Network Specialist is responsible for design, implementation
and support of the Biomedical IT environment. This position
provides specialized repair (radiology, biomedical and biomedical
network devices.) and maintenance services to medical treatment and
Principle Duties and Accountabilities:
- Provides specialized medical equipment repair on Biomedical IT
equipment in inventory.
- Performs electrical safety testing on specialized medical
equipment in inventory.
- Performs preventative maintenance/calibrations/security for
specialized medical equipment in inventory.
- Provides technical/network support and assistance to Clinical
- Must be able to recommend, develop and implement Biomedical IT
solutions in a moderately complex dynamic multi-site biomedical
- Proactively monitor, evaluate, analyze and resolve Biomedical
IT issues in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to Biomedical IT
architecture, processes and support.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to information
security architecture, processes and support.
- Performs product evaluations on proposed and current technology
solutions; creates risk statements, summaries and presentations for
management in an effort to identify, recommend and prioritize cost
effective Biomedical IT solutions.
- Assists users in the specification, selection, installation,
and/or administration of the various Biomedical IT related devices
and software that may be attached to the network.
- Provides technical consulting to other Information Technology
personnel, on an as needed basis, in the analysis of network
- Lead/coordinate efforts for medical device patching and
updating of firmware and/or applications appropriate for the
medical device. Research medical device manufacturer's resources
for approved patches and updates applicable to medical devices in
- Knowledgeable in general cybersecurity topics and activities of
protection and mitigation of devices to maintain clinical
- Completes all necessary record keeping for network environment,
work orders received and finished.
- Serves as a technical resource to various departments in
providing expertise in the area of Biomedical IT and participates
on project task teams as assigned.
- Provides after-hours support of the data network operations
consistent with the Information Technology/Clinical Engineering
department on-call policies and procedures.
- Participates in hospital sponsored education relating to job
function and attends all education programs deemed appropriate by
- Evaluate new Biomedical Information technology. Assist with the
planning and design of future biomedical IT Equipment.
Healthcare Technology Management
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Network
- Minimum of six (6) to eight (8) years of related clinical
engineering experience with a minimum of two (2) years of
experience in CE network security.
- Advanced knowledge of information networking principles and
- Experience with HIPAA/HITECH compliance standards
- Reliable transportation required
- A+/Network+ certification preferred
- Certification for Radiological Equipment Specialist (CRES) or
Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET) certifications
Keywords: Dignity Health, Glendale , Network Specialist - Clinical Engineering, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!