DreamWorks TV - Lead Animation Pipeline TD
Company: NBC Universal
Posted on: June 10, 2021
At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Lead Animation Pipeline
TD works closely with the Animation Pipeline Supervisor, HUB Line
Producer and Partner Studio(s) to help manage the pipeline process
as it relates to producing episodic content. The Lead Animation
Pipeline TD ensures that all tools and processes support the
production's schedule, technical specifications and creative vision
of the Studio.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity
for an Lead Animation Pipeline TD to join its team based in
Glendale, CA. This position is covered by the Animation Guild.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and work on short term and long term tool and software
development tasks on schedule.
- Coordinate with Production while gathering information that
will be used in the development of new tools or new features on
existing tools for individual production needs.
- Work closely with the department Animation Pipeline Supervisor
and Director, TV Animation Production to develop file structure
solutions that can be applied across 2d and CG shows.
- Collaborate with CG department Supervisors and the CG
Supervisors to develop centralized and sustainable pipeline tool
- Provide support to Pipeline TD's and discipline specific TD's.
e.g. Lighting, FX, Rigging
- Ensure that software development follows studio policies and
- Create and or manage the creation of extensive documentation of
all tools and processes in the DWTV Pipeline Wiki.
- Work closely with the Animation Technology and Software vendors
to troubleshoot bugs and feature requests.
- Present issues/solutions regarding the CG Pipeline and provide
feedback in the Biweekly DWTV TD meeting.
- Prioritize and manage an extensive list of bugs and feature
requests for existing tools and processes.
- Provide feedback and progress reports on all assigned tasks
during the Shotgun tasking meeting.
- Provide tools support to our Partner Studios. Bugs from the
Partner Studios can be show stopping and require reshuffling your
task schedule on a moment's notice.
- Work closely with the HUB department Supervisors to help
identify and present long term strategies and standards for the
- May be asked to represent the DWTV division in studio
technology support and infrastructure meetings.
- Advanced background in Maya or equivalent software
- Familiarity with the Adobe Suite.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible to changes, able to multitask, prioritize and follow
through on requests.
- Advanced Python, Java / HTML scripting.
- Knowledge of C or C++ preferred.
- Must be a team player.
- Efficient time management and problem solving skills
- Minimum 4 years' experience in the television, feature film or
- Expertise with Shotgun, Flix, Nuke, Mari, and Houdini is
preferred but not required.
- Must be committed to providing great service and support to our
in-house and Partner Studio Teams.
- B.S or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or
Keywords: NBC Universal, Glendale , DreamWorks TV - Lead Animation Pipeline TD, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!