Assembly Operator III - 2nd Shift - Glendale, AZ
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Requisition Number: 47317
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials
science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its
unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical
physics to develop products that have created new industries and
transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a
unique combination of material and process innovation, and close
collaboration with customers to solve tough technology
The purpose of this position is:
- Primary function is to assist supervisor in set-ups and
assigning work assignments to perform various jobs. Assist in the
maintaining of tooling, microscopes, production routings, and work
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Able to serve for other working group leaders within the
This position includes significant duties such as:
- Leadership position which must be able to check parts to print
using calipers, thread gauges, plug gauges, comparator, etc.
- Read and understand blueprints, part identification and record
data with respect to job card/work orders.
- Must have knowledge of the tools necessary to perform the job
- Must have good working knowledge and understanding of the
purpose and function of the tooling.
- Effectively perform all jobs routed to his/her shift.
- Utilize microscope throughout shift and manipulate small
- Utilizes razors and other stripping apparatus
- Communicate work instructions, specifications, etc. and
personality necessary to effectively provide on-the-job training to
- The above description covers the most significant duties
performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments
- High School or General Education Diploma
- Demonstrated formal or informal leadership experience in a
- One (1) year prior assembly experience
- Ability to read blue prints
- Active problem solver
- Detail oriented
- Possess good manual dexterity, visual acuity and depth
perception to manipulate parts
- Basic working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
- Ability to drive to compliance for due dates and assembly
- SAP experience
- Team player
- Punctual with good attendance
- Self-starter; works with minimal supervision
- Good oral and written communications skills
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender,
age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Keywords: Corning, Glendale , Assembly Operator III - 2nd Shift - Glendale, AZ, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!