Superintendent - Construction
Company: Koman Holdings
Posted on: June 9, 2021
KOMAN Integrated Solutions, LLC (KIS) is hiring for an
experienced Project Superintendent solely responsible for the
timely completion of the project and ensuring that the project is
constructed in strict accordance with plans, specifications, and
local codes. The Project Superintendent shall schedule all
subcontractors, consultants, and vendors, as well as ensure their
completion of work within time allowed. The Project Superintendent
shall be responsible for the coordination of work directed in the
field, ensure work is performed in accordance with plans and
specifications. Conflicts or revisions to the plan shall be
communicated with the project team (i.e. superiors, architect,
engineer, consultant, owner) for mutual resolution, prior to
execution of work that deviates from the approved plans. The
Project Superintendent shall establish and enforce job site quality
control programs to ensure quality completion of construction. This
job description is intended to describe the general content and
requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be
an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and
requirements. Other duties may be assigned, and the company
reserves the right to modify, interpret, and apply the job
description as necessary. This job description is not a contract
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Safe operation of heavy construction equipment.
- Follow rules, regulations, procedures, policies, and
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Supervise all subcontractors, consultants, and vendors
- Ensure adequate manpower is available for each task and
compliant work performed.
- A valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Able to pass a drug test - KIS is a drug-free environment.
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Understand project cost analysis.
- Must provide 3 past employer references; or past 10yr prior
experience in position; or a combination of both.
- Experience in pre-construction estimates and budgets.
- Experience in interviewing and hiring employees.
- Experience maintaining a strict build-out construction schedule
and can make changes as necessary to ensure deadlines are met.
- Willingness to travel throughout Arizona (This advertisement in
for work in the Phoenix Metro Area)
- Must be physically able to push, pull, bend, twist, reach,
kneel, squat, stand, walk on uneven ground and or hard surfaces,
sit for extended periods of time, climb ladders and or
- Strong work ethic.
- Knows when, with whom, and how to best communicate.
- Stays abreast of changes in the industry and shares innovation
with other departments and divisions.
- Works independently as a decision maker but understands their
own abilities and limitations and understands when to seek
- Proactively manages risk.
- Professionally interacts with colleagues, members of the
public, clients, and business associates.
Working Conditions: Rough driving, driving in heavy traffic and
exposure to dust, fumes, hot weather and hazardous materials such
as solvents, adhesives, paints, hot oil and other chemicals, tight
work spaces along fellow employees on the ground/other equipment,
other times may be the sole occupant in the yard loading equipment
and must remain safe or able to call for help in a possible
emergency. 10hr workdays / 40hr work weeks (additional as
needed-including weekends/travel time). * Subject to field
verification of operator skills.
Benefits: Excellent compensation & benefits, including medical &
dental insurance, paid time off & an attractive 401K plan with
EEO/AAP Statement: It is the company's policy to select, place,
train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon
relevant factors such as work quality, attitude, and experience, so
as to provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees in
compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and
without regard to non-work-related factors such as race, color,
religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital
status, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or other protected status. When applicable, the company's
policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring,
training, transfer, promotion, placement, layoff, compensation,
termination, reduction in force, and benefits. It is the company's
business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable
accommodation, according to applicable state and federal laws, to
all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Keywords: Koman Holdings, Glendale , Superintendent - Construction, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!