Payroll Technician (West Valley)
Company: Desert Diamond Casino
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Under direct supervision of the Payroll Supervisor, performs a
wide variety of record keeping and payroll processing to include:
computing wage and overtime payments, calculating, recording
payroll deductions, producing payroll reports and processing
terminations. Although duties normally follow established
procedures, responsibilities may include routine, minor corrections
to make documents acceptable for processing.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of
the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enters tips into team member's time record prior to each
- Verifies and enters team member direct deposit forms.
- Enters all tax reporting information for team members in
- Audits file transfers for team members raises, transfers and
promotions to ensure changes made to right team member file.
- Prepares ad hoc reports by exporting data from PeopleSoft and
Electronic Payroll System to meet organization requests.
- Enters all garnishments into team members' records.
- Calculates team members' back pay.
- Processes all termination paperwork.
- Ensures all changes and paperwork are completed prior to
bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll; prints checks and direct deposit
slips; runs payroll reports and updates team members' vacation and
sick leave balance.
- Verifies team member's vacation and sick leave balance prior to
- Files all team member documents in the appropriate payroll
files and/or other related team member files.
- Maintains confidentially of all team member's information.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED plus two (2) years payroll
experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing
convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment
drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain
a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft and Kronos.
- Knowledge of payroll practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of tax regulations.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and
- Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar,
punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
- Knowledge of records management and basic accounting
- Ability to accurately enter information into computer
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships
with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and
with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and
continually seek improvement in results.
- Skill in operating business computers and office machines,
including working in a Windows environment, specifically Word,
Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member
regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member
frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is
required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team
member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate
noise level. Some work is performed in a Casino setting with
exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening,
graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended
hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Keywords: Desert Diamond Casino, Glendale , Payroll Technician (West Valley), Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!