The Brand that Gets You to What's Next
Express is the vibrant, confident lifestyle brand for ambitious
people, providing the latest fashion for style-obsessed men and
women since 1980. Our mission is to provide inspiration and
confidence through fashion to help people get to what's next in
their day, and their lives. With more than 600 retail and outlet
stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Latin America,
and a best-in-class online/mobile shopping experience at
www.express.com, Express brings city-inspired style to customers
across the globe.
A Workplace To MatchWe think you'll like it here.We offer a
competitive compensation and benefits package, generous associate
discount, and casual work environment. Working at Express is much
more than the 9 to 5. It is an opportunity to connect and engage
with some of the smartest individuals in the fashion business doing
work they are passionate about. This is the Express Life and we're
always looking for talented leaders at all levels to join our team;
if this sounds like you, we'd love to chat!
The Associate Manager supports the store manager in managing
store operations, recruiting, management, training and sales
functions, drives productivity, compliance with company policies,
and creates a great in-store shopping experience for our
Talent - Attract, hire, develop, inspire, and retain top
- Support an environment, which encourages an exceptionally high
level of the store morale.
- Focus all store associates on creating an environment built on
team work and inspiring a "one team" mentality.
- Coach, teach, train, recognize and manage all aspects of
performance and development for all store associates up to and
including Sales Leaders, to encourage professional growth and build
a bench of talent.
- Identify high performing store associates and assist in their
- Develop and maximize the success of store associates to achieve
sales potential and customer experience.
- Attract and hire store associates, up to and including Sales
Execution - Analyze the business and execute/communicate clear
action plans that optimize results.
- Manage all aspects of daily store operations.
- Ensure all store associates have clarity on goals and action
- Provide feedback to help support the creation of clear action
plans that optimize results.
- Manage and delegate workload and ensure execution of plans and
strategies across the store.
- Maintain adherence to Company Policies and ensures the safety
of store associates and Customers.
- Manage merchandise flow, such as shipment, replenishment, and
omni-channel operations, throughout the store.
- Optimize sales/operations opportunity, by leading the
associates consistently executes merchandising strategies,
operations, loyalty programs and other company initiatives.
- With approval of the Store Manager, builds an effective
schedule with the right associate in the right place at the right
Customer and Associate Experience - Support and develop a store
environment focused on consistently delivering a great in-store
- Resolve customer complaints to a positive outcome. Determines
source of issues and takes initiative to identify and resolve.
- Lead consistent focus on delivering a great customer
- Create a culture of proactive customer engagement to exceed our
- Drive loyalty and credit card acquisition through an engaged
- Create positive in-store experience through visual
Other essential functions may occur as directed by your
- Education: High School or Equivalent
- Years of Experience: 3-5 of relevant job experience
- Proficient in use of technology (iPad, registers)
- Meets defined availability criteria, including nights, weekends
and non-business hours
- Meets physical requirements
Preferred Qualifications (skills and abilities)
- Previous retail experience preferred
- Proven ability to drive sales results
- Strong supervisory, communication and customer service
- Minimum of two years relevant experience
- Prior people management experience
The company will consider employment for qualified applicants
with criminal histories in a matter consistent with Los Angeles
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you would like to know more about the California Consumer
Privacy Act click here.
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate
in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any
federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires
individuals authorized for employment in the United
States.Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not
accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or
employment agencies.In the absence of a signed Master Service
Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific
requisition,Express will not consider or approve payment to any
third-parties for hires made.