General Manager (West Valley)
Company: Desert Diamond Casino
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Under direct supervision of the Executive General Manager
develops and maintains a property operating team capable of
achieving financial, operational, and guest service expectations
set forth for the property. Furthermore, provides the operating
team with daily leadership and management necessary to achieve
financial, operational, and guest service expectations set forth
for the property.
This list of responsibilities and duties is illustrative only of
the tasks performed by this
position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develops and recommends financial, operational, and guest
service expectations, as well as operational plans to achieve
- Develops, approves and implements capital, labor, and financial
budgets and monitors ongoing adherence to them.
- Develops and maintains a team of management and team members
willing and able to execute approved operational plans and achieve
the financial, operational, and guest service expectations for the
- Ensures property and departmental financial, operational, and
guest service expectations and results are accurately and regularly
communicated in a clear, concise, and complete manner.
- Ensures human resources are protected, maintained, and utilized
efficiently and effectively to maximize return to the Tohono
O'odham Gaming Enterprise.
- Ensures all departments and team members receive leadership,
management, staffing, training, and equipment necessary to meet the
financial, operational, and guest service expectations set
- Provides daily leadership and management to property team
members necessary to achieve the financial, operational, and guest
service expectations for the property.
- Facilitates regular and frequent interaction between
multi-property Directors and property Managers to better achieve
the financial, operational, and guest service
expectations set for the property.
- Conducts regular staff meetings with those team members
directly reporting to this position. Attends all multi-property
- Recruits, interviews, hires, trains, schedules, supervises,
evaluates, coaches, and terminates team members in the positions
directly reporting to this position.
- Designs, prepares and disseminates monthly property and
departmental reports and analyses necessary to achieve financial,
operational, and guest service expectations.
- Regularly reviews property and departmental statistical and
financial data for fluctuations and trends. Issues a formal report
of findings and the actions taken to exploit the positive and
correct the negative.
- Contributes a team effort.
- Approves all capital purchases and expenditures exceeding a
- Approves Internal Controls, Policies and Procedures, training
manuals, and job descriptions including those created by
multi-property directors; coordinates their implementation, and
monitors their effectiveness.
- Approves security measures preventing cheating, theft, and
embezzlement are in place including those created by multi-property
directors; coordinates their implementation, and monitors their
- Approves formal team member training programs created by
multi-property directors, coordinates their implementation, and
monitors their effectiveness.
- Approves performance evaluation programs created by
multi-property directors, ensuring they meet the property's needs,
coordinates their implementation, and monitors their
- Approves special promotions and events created by
multi-property directors, assists in coordinating their
implementation, monitors their effectiveness, and evaluates their
- Creates and maintains a positive image of the property,
operations, team members, and to all guests, local communities, and
- Establishes and maintains excellent guest service.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with gaming
industry consultants, vendors, trainers, and industry members to
ensure adequate and timely access to a base of gaming operations
- Consistently and visibly role models the behavior and
appearance desired of all property team members.
- Maintains current knowledge, industry standards, practices,
trends, products, and regulatory requirements and issues of gaming
operations and associated support functions.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in business plus 7 years experience in the
gaming industry, 5 of the 7 years of which must be in managerial
positions; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu
of degree requirement. No felony, theft or stealing convictions.
Must be able to
successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen,
obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and
- Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar,
punctuation, and basic math.
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques.
- Knowledge of procedures and casino floor operations.
- Knowledge of support functions and operations in the casino
- Knowledge of facility maintenance.
- Knowledge of management techniques.
- Knowledge of security, surveillance and fraud detection
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to develop budgets and monitor expenses.
- Ability to supervise and train team members, to include
organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language,
both verbally and in writing with staff and the general
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written and oral form.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Skill in customer service, human relations and supervision of
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships
with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and
with team members and guests at all levels.
- Ability to work as a team member and foster a positive working
- Ability to work with timeliness and thoroughness.
- Skill in operating business computers and office machines,
including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel,
Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member
regularly is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member
frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is
required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team
member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to
second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard,
holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and
irregular shifts may be required.
Keywords: Desert Diamond Casino, Glendale , General Manager (West Valley), Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!