Ld Pathology Admin Supt
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The lead pathology admin support position provides administrative
and transcription support to pathology providers and is responsible
for the direct oversight of staff workflow, scheduling, training,
quality control and procedural oversight of the Pathology
Administrative Office. This position provides timely and accurate
patient reports and information to both internal and external
customers. This position receives general supervision of work
activities from the department supervisor or manager.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Oversees and assists with work activities of assigned staff to
ensure achievement of established goals, objectives, and outcomes;
provides guidance, mentoring, and direction, as appropriate for
ongoing staff development.
- Provides a variety of administrative support functions for the
department which includes: customer service (telephone and
in-person); conference and on-call scheduling; coordinating,
organizing, and maintaining files; microscopic slide filing;
arranging for mail collection and distribution; to provide for
optimum efficiency of the department.
- Reviews, edits, and formats reports to ensure consistently
accurate patient records and associated information in accordance
with all requirements, procedures, and standards.
- Assists in clinical and hospital educational conferences and
directives provided by the department which include conference
scheduling, preparation, material collection, medical
student/resident orientation, and managing presentation materials
- Assists in monitoring Quality Control performance and
reporting. Assists in performing billing and coding audits on a
- Operates and troubleshoots (as necessary) voice dictation and
standard office equipment effectively and efficiently.
- Gathers, summarizes, and analyzes data, information, blocks and
slides as needed or requested for preparation of presentation
materials, reporting, consultation and referral.
- Participates in educational programs to maintain current skill
and competency levels. Independently seeks learning opportunities
- Maintains inventory and may order supplies as needed.
- Participates in the review of current procedures and/or
development of new procedures and quality improvement initiatives.
Proactively evaluates practices and assists to create and implement
changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of methods.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Glendale , Ld Pathology Admin Supt, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!