Are you Craving a Career? Ready for Growth?
COME SEE WHY PANDA MIGHT BE THE RIGHT PLACE!
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional
Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people
are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people
because great people run great operations that will exceed our
guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will
experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five
fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great
Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine
dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept
served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese
grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run
by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities,
from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant
positions available nationwide and support center positions in
Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing
Asian restaurant company.
Our continued growth in this location has created new career
opportunities for Management, Crew Members, and Kitchen Team
Members!!! Come join us!
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The Assistant Kitchen Manager provides support to the Kitchen
Manager to ensure smooth daily kitchen operations by building and
maintaining a positive work environment, strong teamwork, and guest
satisfaction. This position is accountable for performing all back
of the house duties such as preparing and cooking menu dishes and
- Assists in all kitchen operations, including food preparation,
cooking, cleaning, storage, and equipment maintenance
- Prepares and cooks all menu dishes as needed
- Assists Kitchen Manager in recruiting, interviewing, and
selecting hourly staff for kitchen openings
- Prepares kitchen employees' weekly schedule and reviews
bi-weekly time cards
- Makes or arranges for repairs and maintenance service on all
equipment and facilities
- Ensures that Company standards on food are maintained and
safety standards and procedures are enforced in the kitchen
- Assists Kitchen Manager in implementing special promotions by
- May perform all duties of the Cook and Kitchen help as
- Conducts regular inventory checks, orders supplies, and checks
deliveries with the guidance of Kitchen Manager.
We offer all full time Managers:
Progressive Compensation Package and Excellent Bonus
9 or more Weeks of Comprehensive Training to prepare you for
On-Going Career & Leadership Development
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
401 K with Company Match
Paid Time Off
- Associate Discounts (Panda Express, Hibachi San, Panda Inn plus
Theme Parks) and free meals when you work
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Associate's degree
- Minimum one to two years of restaurant/kitchen experience
- Must be flexible to move to a store within a radius of 50 miles
from home and to work flexible schedule, including nights,
weekends, and holidays
- Food Handler Certification
While performing duties, counter areas are often hot with steam
from steam table and food vapors. Work space is restricted and
employees are expected to remain standing for long periods of time.
Employees must prepare hot and cold foods, use Chinese cook knife
and other kitchen equipment and work quickly without losing
accuracy. Employees may be required to lift up to 50 lbs., stand up
to four hours and reach across counter tops measured at 36 inches
to serve customers. Kitchens are hot and noise levels are usually
high; storage space is limited and shelving is high.
Training will be held in either Pasadena, La Palma, or Ontario
Panda Inn locations before Glendale location opens in June.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity