Hotel Front Desk
Company: YMCA of Glendale, CA
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Hotel Receptionist is responsible for providing friendly,
welcoming and efficient service to all hotel guests, residence,
members and program participants, in line with the YMCA's vision,
values and service. The main purposes of the hotel reception staff
are to respond courteously to guests' requests, play a part in the
general running of the reception desk and help the Hotel Manager to
maintain a smooth room bookings service.
- Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from
all social and economic segments of the community.
- Certification requirements include, within 30 days of hire,
CPR/AED and First Aid.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential
functions, including the ability to walk up and down several
flights of stairs.
- Ability to tolerate moderate to high indoor and outdoor noise
levels and temperatures.
- Verbal, visual and auditory ability to respond to critical
incidents and the ability to act swiftly in an emergency
- Carries out all reception duties, including meeting, greeting
and attending to the needs of guests, to ensure a superb customer
- Ensures accurate and professional delivery and registration of
YMCA programs and Membership.
- Builds a good rapport with all members, residents and guests,
and resolves any complaints/issues quickly to maintain high quality
- Deals with guest requests to ensure a comfortable and pleasant
- Assists in dealing with customer complaints in an effective and
courteous manner, providing or seeking solutions as quickly as
- Carries out general office duties, including correspondence,
emails, filing and phone calls, to ensure the smooth running of the
- Oversees reservations to ensure that room bookings are made and
- Ensures that all reservations and cancellations are processed
- Keeps up to date with room prices and special offers to provide
accurate information to guests.
- Responsible for accurate and efficient accounts, cash handling
procedures and guest billing processes as well as membership
processing and program registrations.
- Assists in keeping the hotel reception area clean and tidy at
- Reports any maintenance, breakage or cleanliness problems to
- Acts as the Hotel liaison to comply with and assist inspectors,
i.e. Healthy Department, Law Enforcement, City of Glendale ,etc.,
when the Manager is unavailable.
- Participates in all trainings as required (e.g., first aid,
health and safety, customer service).
- Completes any other duties relevant to the position, as and
- Assists facilities and maintenance staff with monthly room
inspections. Updates room status log sheets as needed.
Keywords: YMCA of Glendale, CA, Glendale , Hotel Front Desk, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!