Sr. Manager UI/UX
R4339 Sr. Manager UI/UX (Open)
Walnut Creek, California
We are actively hiring for a Sr. Manager UI/UX. Join us and
support CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer, in achieving our
We are looking for motivated, innovative individuals, who think
big and move fast with a passion for service excellence.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the
potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge
consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a
critical voice in the decision-making process.
You will lead a team of UX Designers, Writers and qualitative
and mixed methods Researchers who work with cross-functional
product teams as they plan, design, build, deploy, and refine CSAA
products. You will collaborate with leadership to define the vision
for the UX Research team and be responsible for balancing near-term
delivery goals along with informing long-term strategy.
We're looking for someone who can build, drive, and execute on a
vision for their team; developing and growing employees while also
pushing the boundaries of design quality and process.
We're a team that moves quickly, upholds design quality, and
values consistency and simplicity while staying focused on customer
needs and outcomes. We work together and value "we" over "me". We
believe in inclusion both within our team and in the way we build
products and make that clear in the way we hire, design, and
execute. We value growth and encourage, not just respect, our
differences. We love what we do and build products that are used by
hundreds of thousands of productive individuals and organizations
around the world.
- Grow and develop a team of UX designers; set a high bar for
excellence in product design.
- Drive the creation and implementation of UX standards and best
practices for Agile development teams across the company.
- Work with agile leadership to ensure UX team quality and
velocity meet team needs.
- Partner with product management to work on feature
prioritization, design and implementation.
- Present designs to cross-functional stakeholders, including the
- Create high-quality design results such as wireframes,
user-flow diagrams, design comps, and interactive prototypes.
- Drive on-time, satisfactory delivery of design team work by
tracking other teams' calendars, timelines, and team backlogs;
removing obstacles, assisting with tactical issues, triaging bugs,
scheduling reviews with partners and leadership, and communicating
- Lead design thinking workshops as necessary..
- Manage partner relationships.
- Plan & lead design projects as needed.
- Quickly propose possible design solutions to UX issues.
- Solid understanding of design system and component-based
design, as well as native mobile and responsive web platforms and
designing UI solutions within them.
- Mentor other designers and lead by example in delivering
excellent individual work.
- Be an advocate for our employees and partners.
What would make us excited about you?
- A Bachelor's Degree in Technology or Design field of
- 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer,
interaction design, product designer or similar role.
- 5+ years experience managing UX design teams.
- A design portfolio demonstrating a history of customer-centric
- Experience leading full life cycle design projects, from
research and discovery to execution.
- Strong analytical skills; using qualitative and quantitative
data to guide design decisions.
- Collaborative, driven and passionate, yet focused on building
- Knowledgeable about accessibility guidelines and best
- Experience and understanding of Product Management and the
- Be able to stand by your designs and provide solid rationale to
back up your decision.
- Multi-functional team leadership experience required with
- Experience in leading more than one global-scale project and
- A strong practical point of view of User Experience.
- An optimist, comfortable with ambiguity, passionate about
helping shape the future for the best through constant
- Adept at turning ideas into action. Able to bring ambiguous
ideas to life by creating actionable steps, mobilizing the team and
carving out a clear path to delivery.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams and partners
across the organization, understanding their priorities,
constraints, and how UX informs their work streams.
- Prefer an MBA or other advanced degree.
- Prefer Financial services or relevant industry experience (some
combination of Insurance or financial services).
Why join us?
- Make a difference. We don't just go to work. We're a team of
employees committed to AAA members, our communities and each
- Lifestyle. We drive strategy through innovation. We do
honorable work, and we live our core beliefs.
- Recognition. We offer a total compensation package, performance
bonus, 401(k) with a company match, and so much more!
Read more about what we offer and what it is like to be a part
of our dynamic team at: https://careers.csaa-insurance.aaa.com
Let's work together
Submit your application to be considered. We communicate via
email, so check your inbox and/or your spam folder to ensure you
don't miss important updates from us.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also
works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Our
differences, visible and invisible, make every individual at CSAA
Insurance Group unique and valuable. We strive to foster a culture
where all employees feel a sense of belonging and can leverage
their differences to thrive. We believe in embracing our unique
identities, experiences, and points of view to advance our company
and reflect our communities and members.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job
application or interview process please contact
CSAA Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer.
In compliance of Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA)
we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles
that will be, or could be performed in Colorado. If performed in
Colorado, this position has a salary range of $151,215-$177,900
with an opportunity for a company-wide annual discretionary bonus,
through our Annual Incentive Plan (AIP), of up to 18% of eligible
Company benefit offerings include: Medical, Prescription Drug,
Dental and Vision Plans, Health Savings Account (HSA) which
includes company contributions, Health Reimbursement Arrangement
(HRA), Reimbursement Accounts (Health Care Reimbursement Account,
Limited Purpose Reimbursement Account), comprehensive Wellness
Program including an activity portal and activities, Dependent Care
Reimbursement Account, Transit Commuter Account Program, 401(k)
Plan with company match on first 6% of eligible pay that employee
contributes each year 100% vested, 401(k) Plan annual profit
sharing contribution 100% vested, company paid Life Insurance (at
2x the annual salary), Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance,
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D), Short-and
Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off (Non-Exempt positions only),
Flexible Time Off (Exempt positions only), ten paid holidays per
calendar year, Adoption Assistance Program, Infant Car Seat
Reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program, Tuition
Reimbursement Program and Enrichment Time of up to 40 hours per
year to be used toward the categories of culture, development,
volunteerism, or wellness.
Please note, hourly or salary compensation, or the range of
hourly or salary compensation available for a position may vary by
location. We reserve the right to amend these benefits at any time
and actual compensation will be determined at time of offer.