Home Dialysis Coordinator
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: June 6, 2021
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer
service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program,
including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
Functions as part of the Home Therapies dialysis health care
team as the Coordinator of Home Therapies for a defined geographic
area. Ensures provision of quality home patient care in accordance
with FMS policies, procedures and training and collaborates with
Business Unit management and support personnel to grow the assigned
Home Therapies program.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and
customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external
and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through
effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up
regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for the safe and effective delivery of home therapy
support care to patients with End Stage Renal Disease. Oversees the
delivery of home dialysis therapy to patients in compliance with
standards outlined in the facility policy and procedure manuals, as
well as regulations set forth by the Corporation, state and federal
agencies. Ensures standard of dialysis provided is at least the
equivalent to that provided to facility patients.
- Assists in the identification and evaluation of candidates for
the FMS Home Therapies Program including assessment of patients'
home environment if needed.
- Oversees patient and family readiness and ability to perform
dialysis treatments at patient's home and assesses home environment
for suitability in the ongoing delivery of home dialysis
- Coordinates all aspects of patient care with the appropriate
staff members, from admission through discharge of the
- Ensures patients' response to home dialysis treatment therapy
is documented following company policies and procedures.
- Ensures completion of Initial and Annual Nursing assessment,
and ongoing evaluation and documentation of patient care needs
according to FMC Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures appropriate intervention for changes in patient
adequacy status and troubleshooting peritoneal and access flow
issues are completed per physician orders.
- Identifies and communicates patient related issues to the
- Develops action plans for missed treatments in collaboration
with the Medical Director.
- Administers medications as prescribed including algorithm (as
appropriate), and document appropriate medical justification if
- Responsible for the appropriate recording of controlled
substances as required by law.
- Ensures all educational needs of patient and family are met
regarding End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).
- Oversees the safe, effective and timely training of all home
patients and their families/significant others on the safe and
effective operation and maintenance (as appropriate), of all home
- Oversees coordination transplant education and assists in
transplant workup process.
- Ensures patients are educated regarding laboratory values and
the relationship to adequate dialysis therapy, compliance with
treatment schedules medications, and fluid as appropriate.
- Oversees the delivery of the FMS Treatment Options
- Acts as a resource for the patient to address patient concerns
- Develops a process for acquiring and maintaining knowledge of
the specific situation of each patient, including hospitalizations,
and any significant change in patient care status.
- Enters physician lab orders into the Medical Information System
accurately and follows company policies and government regulations
related to the collection, packaging, and delivery of lab specimens
and reporting of results.
- Responsible for accurate data entry into systems to ensure
appropriate and accurate billing of Home Therapies services.
- Maintains appropriate skill levels with all emergency
operational procedures, and initiates CPR and emergency measures in
the event of cardiac and/or respiratory arrests when the patient is
in the medical office.
- Responsible for overseeing performance of all licensed
personnel, direct patient care staff, indirect patient care
personnel as assigned, and when necessary, technical staff. Provide
employee education, guidance, and performance related
- Creates, maintains, and communicates efficient and timely
employee schedules according to the needs of the facility.
- Orients all new home therapy staff and provide ongoing
- Conducts staff meetings regularly.
- Completes timely employee evaluations and establishes annual
goals for staffwith appropriate Manager.
- Provides written documentation of all disciplinary conferences
in accordance with the established personnel policies, and confers
with the appropriate Manager regarding the nature of the
- Ensures the appropriate tracking, documentation, allocation,
and payment of hours worked for the applicable staff members.
- Participates in Business Unit and FMS corporate initiatives,
projects, and audits as directed.
- Utilizes the Business Unit Director of Home Therapies as a
- Creates and implements a Process Improvement Team (CQI) that
involves staff in problem solving.
- Ensures competency HT personnel in the operation of all home
dialysis therapy-related equipment, including the ability to
troubleshoot equipment problems with the patient via
- Directs staff and patients in the preventive maintenance of
home therapy equipment, including water systems and analyses as
- Accountable for outstanding quality of patient care, as defined
by the FMS quality goals, by working with the appropriateRegional
Director of Education,Regional Quality Manager, Vice President of
Quality, Regional Vice President, and FMS Clinical Services
Department to ensure that FMS policy and procedure is
- Participates in the development and maintenance of a Quality
Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program that tracks
the Home Therapies program's performance in patient health
- Responsible for supporting and driving FMS quality standards
through meeting all ESRD regulatory requirements and the practice
of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), including use of FMS CQI
- Implements FMS quality goals and develops facility specific
action plans in order to achieve FMS quality standards.
- Implements appropriate training according to FMS policy, which
includes training to ensure ongoing compliance with all FMS risk
- Aggressively addresses and acts upon adverse events and action
- Ensures all FMS Clinical Quality policies and procedures are
communicated to and implemented by the facility staff.
- Maintains integrity of medical records and other FMS
administrative and operational records.
- Complies with all data collections and auditing
- Maintains facility environmental integrity, including
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all FMSHome
- Directs information gathering required to support billing and
- Responsible for efficient utilization of medication,
laboratory, inventory, supplies, and equipment to achieve supply
cost goals following all guidelines established in FMS
- Completes all monthly and annual reporting as required by
company policies and government regulations.
- Participates in the completion and interpretation of the PI-17
inventory supply use analysis.
- Reviews profit and loss statements with Area Manager.
- Responsible for participating in all required Network reporting
and on-site state or federal surveys.
- Accountable for timely completion of patient care plans by
organizing meetings of the health care team to discuss patient care
plans and resolve patient problems.
- Responsible for ensuringalert/panic reports and abnormal lab
resultsare communicated to the appropriate physician.
- Collaborates with HT Program Manager/Area Manager to facilitate
the application process for physician privileges and compliance
with FMS Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Develops and maintains strong Medical Director and physician
relationships and facilitates staff relationships with
- Ensures regular and effective communication with all physicians
through regular meetings with Medical Directors.
- Schedules and coordinates CQI meetings with physicians.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and
interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The
position requires travel between assigned facilities and various
locations within the community. Travel to regional, Business Unit
and Corporate meetings may be required.
The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility
with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be
exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (R.N.)
- Current appropriate state licensure.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of one year nursing experience plus one year dialysis
nursing experience required.
- Medical-surgical or ICU nursing experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Successfully complete a training course in the theory and
practice of dialysis therapies.
- Competent at operating all Home Therapies related
- Successfully complete CPR Certification with maintenance as
- Icd-9 coding Training.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including, but not limited to
communication, customer service, performance management and
continuous quality improvement.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Glendale , Home Dialysis Coordinator, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!