Sr. Pharmacy Technician, Full Time-8hr, Day Shift, Pharmacy
Company: Adventist Health NW
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We
provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the
greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are
driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health,
wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to
always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Sr. Pharmacy
Responsible for medication preparation, dispensing, restocking,
delivery, etc. in a specialty area applying specialized knowledge
and skills. Fills the unit dose cassettes from the patients profile
on a daily basis. Delivers the cassettes to the nursing units.
Serves as a primary training resource for new technicians and
assists in evaluating their progress as directed. Assists in
preparing schedules and setting work priorities.
- Processes prescriber medication orders under a pharmacist's
supervision and in compliance with department policy. Fills
medicine requests accurately including cassette fills and floor
stock. Delivers cassettes to respective nursing stations. Provides
basic troubleshooting phone calls. Answers telephone calls and
handles inquiry into some phases of unit dose procedure.
- Maintains floor stock of nursing areas and other medications
which includes checking for accuracy, timely restocking, removing
expired medications and rotating stock. Prices and stocks incoming
deliveries. Notifies Pharmacists of out of stock medications and
appropriately updates the out of stock board. Restocks returned
medications from nursing units/medication areas.
- Prepares IV medication products within the guidelines of
applicable laws and regulations.
- Checks in orders from wholesaler and suppliers. Distributes
appropriately the stock and file paperwork; processes returns and
back orders in a timely manner.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associates / Technical Degree or equivalent combination of
education/related experience: Preferred
- One years pharmacy technical experience: Preferred
- Pharmaceutical Technician Board certification: Required
Keywords: Adventist Health NW, Glendale , Sr. Pharmacy Technician, Full Time-8hr, Day Shift, Pharmacy, Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!