Slot Shift Supervisor (West Valley)
Company: Desert Diamond Casino
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Under direct supervision of the Assistant Slot Shift Manager,
assists in all phases of Slot Operations on assigned shift.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of
the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with all Tohono O'odham Gaming Enterprise
policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
- Ensures tidiness and cleanliness of responsible areas, assuring
all chairs are pushed in.
- Ensures that direct reports work with security personnel and
other casino staff as necessary.
- Promotes positive guest relations, greets guests and creates a
- Observes and recognizes irregularities in casino personnel or
guests and institutes appropriate action.
- Supervises all subordinate slot personnel.
- Creates schedules to ensure adequate coverage.
- Applies fair and consistent supervision and disciplinary
- Assists in hiring, termination, and discipline of all
subordinate slot personnel.
- Assists in creating and issuing reports and documentation.
- Assists with the planning and budget preparation for the
- Assists in the coordination of and preparation of special slot
- Investigates and resolves guest complaints.
- Plans and administers work schedules and assignments for direct
- Issues appropriate disciplinary action according to Tohono
O'odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) and departmental policies.
- Monitors the performance of direct reports, ensuring adherence
to all TOGE and departmental policies and procedures.
- Exhibits awareness of the various types of slot and video
machines cheating methods and recognizes any potential attempts
while monitoring assigned section.
- Authorizes jackpots payouts over $1200 as needed and completes
tax forms if necessary.
- Prepares shift reports.
- Attends mandatory meetings as scheduled.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED plus 2 years of recent experience as
a Slot Attendant or Slot Dispatcher with 1 year in a Dual Rate
collateral role a plus; or 2 years of recent experience in
equivalent Casino Leadership or combination of experience. Must be
18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions.
Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol
screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming
license, and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Must have knowledge of mechanical functions and play aspects of
slot machines, procedures and casino floor operations.
- Must have the ability to analyze reports.
- Must have skills in professional management techniques;
including human skills, technical skills and conceptual
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with all
levels both internally and externally.
- Must have the ability to interact effectively with Tribal,
State and National Regulatory Officials.
- Must be able to delegate duties appropriately.
- Must have the ability to establish, administer and maintain
staff training programs and records.
- Must have the ability to efficiently schedule, and utilize work
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure
- Must have the ability to write routing reports and
- Must have the ability to speak effectively before groups,
guests or team members.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as
discounts, interest, commission proportions and percentages.
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to
carry out directions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Must have the ability to deal with problems involving several
concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have skills in operating business computers and office
machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word,
Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint),
understanding of casino management systems a plus.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in the English
language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general
- Must be able to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all
While performing the duties of this job, the team member
regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The
team member frequently is required to walk. The team member
occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The
team member is required to wear a portable communication device
with earpiece at all times during shift.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to
second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards,
holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and
irregular shifts may be required.
Keywords: Desert Diamond Casino, Glendale , Slot Shift Supervisor (West Valley), Other , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!