We are a technology services company that puts people before
technology. Yes, we have deep experience consulting, implementing
solutions, providing managed services and staffing engagements. But
we believe that, by focusing on relationships, we are better able
to improve people’s experiences and lives through technology.
Technology is at its best when it complements our natural
abilities and enhances our interactions. Which is why we say that,
at Prosum, we make technology human.
Job Description Systems Engineers working within the Media
Systems and Network Engineering group provide the highest level of
performance and availability for the systems, cloud, networks,
storage and applications that they build and support. This level of
excellence is necessary to ensure that the time and
business-critical demands are supported with world-class technology
and systems management.
• Design, build and operate scalable systems
• Monitor, measure, and tune systems for optimal performance and
• Investigate, analyze, resolve and document hardware and
software problems on a wide range of systems in several data
• Investigate, analyze, resolve and document software and
configuration issues with a variety of public cloud hosted
• Create and maintain operational documentation pertaining to
deployment, management and administrative duties
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned,
including work off-hours on occasion to maximize production
Knowledge, Experience & Expertise
Deep knowledge of:
• Systems hardware (e.g. blade servers, load balancers, SAN,
NAS, and tape libraries).
• Operating system administration (e.g. Unix, Linux, OSX, and
• High performance data storage solutions whether SAN, NAS, or
Clustered (e.g. Isilon)
• Large-scale backup solutions and tape technologies (e.g.
• Data center, network, and application architectures
• Local and Networked File Systems (e.g. NFS, CIFS, AFP, DFS,
• File Transport Solutions (e.g. Signiant, Aspera, SFTP)
• Application and Web Services
• Systems Toolsets and protocols (e.g. SNMP, Nagios,
• Virtual Environment technologies (e.g. VMWare, OpenStack,
• Systems Security (e.g. password domains, patch,
• Scripting, including PHP, Perl , Python and Ruby
• Automation technologies in Systems
Desired practical experience:
• Operating system installation and management
• Strong project management and resource planning experience
• IP networking including performance based troubleshooting
• Installation of large server systems
• Routed network installation and management
To fulfill these responsibilities, SPT Systems Engineers
typically should have the following personal characteristics:
• A generalist who can perform many different tasks.
• Able to comfortably multitask (i.e., perform multiple
architecting tasks concurrently).
• Able to make important decisions given incomplete and
• Highly self-directed, being able to both manage and
(re)prioritize the multiple concurrent and competing challenges,
issues, ambiguities, and contradictions that necessarily occur
during the production of the database architecture and design.
• Strong analytical problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and thus
able to explain and document the systems to their diverse
• A team-building leader with good interpersonal and
relationship building skills.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Electrical
• 6+ years in engineering or computer systems
Additional Information 18 months contract
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO