Field Service Technician III
Company: Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Field Service Technician III
Canon Solutions America, Inc.
The best problem solvers are true knowledge seekers. Providing a high level of technical support is no simple feat in dynamic environments. You must be willing to learn and comprehend new products and skills at a moment's notice.
If you're in the business of supplying seamless and expert operational, maintenance, and networking support and thrive in a 24/7 customer-driven setting, we want to hear from you. Canon Solutions America, a pioneer in technology, solutions, and services, is actively on the lookout for a Sr Digital Service Specialist to make an immediate impact on our talented team.
We're searching for a true go-getter to:
- Diagnose mechanical, software, network, and system failures, using established procedures.
- Service and repair designated equipment to Canon standards and specifications.
- Report product failure trends and serviceability issues to managers with necessary supported documentation, ensuring accurate information and recordkeeping.
- Help meet and exceed customer demands by providing efficient, responsive, and accurate Field/Shop/on-site maintenance.
- Diligently maintain all technical information, Field Service Reports, Expense Reports, and Canon property assigned.
- Control all technical information and Canon property assigned.
- Assist with the solutions of escalated technical and/or customer service-related problem areas for any territory when requested.
- Maintain complete working knowledge, aptitude, and ability to repair multiple product lines including troubleshooting, diagnostics, and preventive maintenance.
- Communicate with supervisors and other departments regarding the solution of escalated technical and/or customer service-related problem areas.
- Interface with customer IT depts.
Please note: this is a customer-facing role, and requires compliance with customer policies and protocols, which may include COVID-19 vaccination and other measures relating to COVID-19.
We're looking for a dedicated individual with:
- Typically requires general and/or vocational training plus 2 to 4 years of related experience.
- An Associate's degree in electronics or electrical engineering capacity from an accredited college or technical school or equivalent experience.
- Direct experience working as a field technician.
- The capacity to meet or exceed the minimum performance standards for productive technical quality and customer satisfaction for assigned territory.
- The ability to travel (valid driver's license and acceptable driving record necessary).
- Capable of excelling in a 24/7 environment, while performing shift work and on-call rotations.
- Required to take all necessary steps to obtain security and/or other clearances required by customers to enter the customers' premises.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and be active more than 50 percent of the time (walking, standing, stooping/kneeling).
In accordance with California law, we are providing the anticipated hourly rate for this role, if filled in California: $17.06 - $25.55.
This role is eligible for a transportation allowance
About our Company - Canon Solutions America, Inc. empowers companies of all sizes to succeed by supplying market leading enterprise, production, and large format printing solutions, supported by exceptional professional service offerings. With unwavering dedication to promote professional innovation, Canon Solutions America, Inc. helps drive sustainability, nurture efficiency, and regulate costs through the unification of comprehensive digital and traditional printing and document management solutions. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Canon Solutions America, Inc. is headquartered in Melville, NY and has sales and service locations across the U.S. Our parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), which earned approximately $30.4 billion in global revenue in 2020, ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2020 and was named one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2020.
Canon Solutions America offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, discretionary profit sharing, discretionary success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more. A more comprehensive list of what we have to offer is available at https://www.usa.canon.com/about-us/life-at-canon/benefits-and-compensation
We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be required to follow as a federal government contractor/subcontractor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site csa.canon.com/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at csa.canon.com/careers.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Keywords: Canon U.S.A., Inc., Glendale , Field Service Technician III, IT / Software / Systems , Glendale, Arizona
here to apply!