Retail Associate (PT)
Company: Goodwill Southern California
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands of
individuals into sustainable employment through programs and
services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino
counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and
the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been
transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years.
Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds
generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation
centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the
public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving
organization and yet we have never been more focused - on our
mission, on our people, and on our future. It's always a GOOD day
in SoCal! Primary Responsibility / Summary Work under the direction
of Site Management to maintain the efficient operation of a Retail
Store, Boutique or Attended Donation Center (ADC) to achieve
established goals for sales, production, service, safety and
expense control. Goodwill Southern California greatly values our
employees' health and well-being. Per company Policy, all our
employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. .
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide excellent service, engages with each customer and
donor, while presenting a friendly and cooperative attitude
- Communicate our Mission and acts in accordance with our values
(RISE: Respect, Integrity, Service and Integrity) to our
Ambassadors, customers and donors.
- Follow all safety rules and exercises caution in all work
- Maintain a clean and safe environment by following all personal
protective equipment policies and procedures.
- Perform accurate Point of Sale (POS) and cash handling
- Receive and accurately record donations using technology.
- Sort, clean, process, price donated goods, following company
- Merchandise and maintain the salesfloor to meet established
company standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Load and unload trucks and performs necessary cleaning and
- Work flexible shifts; including nights, weekends, holidays and
overtime when needed. Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Other duties and special projects as assigned. Supervisory
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities. Qualifications To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Ability to read, speak and write Basic English.
- Ability to operate cash register, personal computer and other
technology necessary to complete the activities assigned.
- Ability to share Goodwill's purpose with the public and ask for
monetary donations and ask customer and donor information.
- Ability to work with a diverse team.
- Some retail and sales experience helpful. Certificates,
- None required. Other Educational Skills & Abilities
- None required. English Language Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
group situations to customers, clients, and other ambassadors of
the organization. Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations
using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and
distance. Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
standardized situations. Other Qualifications
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
- Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates
fully in carrying out its mission.
- Adheres to Goodwill's values of Respect, Integrity, Service, &
Excellence. Required Training
- New Hire Orientation
- Harassment Prevention (non-management)
- Position specific training Values-Based Work Environment Notice
Goodwill Southern California provides a values-based work
environment for our ambassadors. All individuals are expected to
support and promote our values:
- We treat everyone with respect, compassion and inclusion,
recognizing their contributions and differences.
- We conduct business with transparency, integrity and
- We serve, empower and advocate for our clients, community,
business partners and each other.
- We pursue a vision of excellence and continuous improvement to
better the lives of those we serve. The above description is not
intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of the duties and
responsibilities of the job described, nor is it intended to be
such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Rather, it is intended only to describe the general nature of the
job. Pre-Employment Testing
- Drug Screen (FT Only)
- Background Check (FT Only)
- Employment Verification
- Verification of COVID-19 Vaccinations Goodwill Industries in
Southern California is an equal opportunity employer and gives
consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your
EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: [ Link
Removed ] Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with
barriers to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to
apply. Equal Employment Opportunity Goodwill is committed to a
policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and
employees. Employment decisions will comply with all applicable
laws prohibiting discrimination in employment including Title VII
of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Employment
Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the
Immigration and Nationality Act, and any other characteristic
protected by federal or state law. Nondiscrimination on the Basis
of Disabilities In furtherance of our commitment to end
discrimination against qualified disabled individuals, and in
accordance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation
Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and all
regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the rights of
qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program
or activity administered by it shall exclude from participation,
deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any individual solely
by reason of his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity
will be extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of
the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring,
upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff,
recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide
reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or
applicant. It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable
accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are
employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance for
accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify
the Human Resources Department. Employment opportunities will not
be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable
accommodations for a disability.
Keywords: Goodwill Southern California, Glendale , Retail Associate (PT), Hospitality & Tourism , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!